Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Southwest Visa and Apple Pay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred and CP, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Chase Southwest Visa and Apple Pay

I just downloaded the iOS 8.1 update and tried to add my Chase Southwest Visa (which is my iTunes card). It told me to call Chase to verify, which I did. The rep I spoke with told me that the Southwest card was not supported in Apple Pay, even though other Chase cards are supported. (FWIW, I was able to add my Chase Disney Debit card without an issue.) Just wondered if anyone here had similar or different experiences adding their Chase Southwest Visa to Apple Pay. Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:31 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I added my Southwest Premier Visa this morning without any issues. However, the system did not accept my Ink Bold.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:58 am

That is just plain odd.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: PC, WN, AA
I read on the Twitters that the only consumer card not compatible with Apple Pay is the Chase Amazon Visa.

https://twitter.com/bhaggs/status/524274437823033344
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred and CP, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Follow up: I tried again the next day to add the Chase Southwest Visa and it worked fine, allowing me to verify online (as opposed to a phone call). Must have been a first day glitch and an uninformed rep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.