Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst WN Terminals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
ONT isn't a bad one. You're out to the curb really quickly and it's peaceful and quiet and well lit. Decent food options too except later at night.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:26 pm

Good God SFO is terrible. Crowded, smelly, no decent food options...

OAK is pretty decent, I never actually spend any time there as its an easy in/out and flights are rarely delayed.... (security always sucks).

Hard pressed to pick my favorite....

DTW? eh... SNA? ONT ? DEN. DEN is pretty awesome. Ill choose DEN, but I had to really think about that one.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
For a small station I found PWM to be a bit annoying after our visit there last weekend. The rental car garage is on the opposite end of the terminal from the Southwest ticket counters and it's one of those airports where the terminal is WAY too big for the amount of people that actually use it. Anyway, after you turn in your bag you get to turn around and essentially walk back about the same distance you just came from to get to the WN gate.

Like I said, not the most terrible experience but just annoying.

Last edited by alggag; Oct 27, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4)

Originally Posted by CMK10
ONT isn't a bad one. You're out to the curb really quickly and it's peaceful and quiet and well lit. Decent food options too except later at night.
Sadly for ONT and inland Southern California, it isn't unusual to land at ONT and realize that you're on the only airliner currently on the airfield.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Had to change planes in OAK last weekend.

I remember when the airport was new and USAir gates were uncrowded and nice.

Now, it is just too congested to be considered a good airport. Lots of BS retail taking up valuable passenger square footage.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Danski
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4)

Sadly for ONT and inland Southern California, it isn't unusual to land at ONT and realize that you're on the only airliner currently on the airfield.
And you get to the curb just in time to watch the only rental car pull away without you. BTW if there is just one, there is no way to really know, you can walk to the CRCF from Terminal 4 quicker than the shuttle can makes its round. I am nearly 60 and overweight. It is not a real bad walk even for me, but I have wheeled luggage. A bit lonely at night, but not bad. Just thinking, are there rattlesnakes in Southern Cal?
Old May 15, 2018, 8:58 am

Little update in 3+ years, BWI used to be great. But now, they are in the bottom. They combined terminals a/b/c into one (c) after 10pm (who's decision was this, probably WN, since it's all WN gates). No tsa pre-check either, so you better show up little earlier. They will still let you go through with shoes like tsa precheck, but laptop has to come out, and you have to wait in long regular line, unless you are A+
Old May 15, 2018, 10:57 am

If MCI is not the worst I would be surprised. We were stuck there for 5 hours last week. 75% of the power outlets don't work. We found one bad Mexican restaurant past security. Maybe two mens bathrooms with 2 urinals and a stall in each, very dirty, maybe one TV for 3 gates.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by CMK10
ONT isn't a bad one.
I'm in ONT a few times a year ... they've been improving the restaurants, and store occupancy is up (the candy store is back as some other business whose name and type can't recall). Biggest issue is after ~7p it goes "Fake PreCheck".
Old May 15, 2018, 2:20 pm
Suspended

SAN. Enough said.
ryw likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by flyer4512
If MCI is not the worst I would be surprised. We were stuck there for 5 hours last week. 75% of the power outlets don't work. We found one bad Mexican restaurant past security. Maybe two mens bathrooms with 2 urinals and a stall in each, very dirty, maybe one TV for 3 gates.
It is by far the worst of any terminal that operates a sizeable number of flights. The bathroom situation is crazy bad. I do find the BBQ resturaunt to be decent as far as airport food goes though.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by dabeags

It is by far the worst of any terminal that operates a sizeable number of flights. The bathroom situation is crazy bad. I do find the BBQ resturaunt to be decent as far as airport food goes though.

We had already had lunch at the Mexican place when we saw the sign for the BBQ rest
Old May 15, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
SAN. Enough said.
Agreed with no reservation or hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.