Wiki Posts
Search

shopping portal question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA Rewards
shopping portal question

Hi, all. When shopping through the Rapid Rewards Partners shopping portal, is there any indication that you have earned the points? Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Not while you're on the shopping site. However, from recent experience, an email (subject: You have received Rapid Rewards Points; check your spam folder, that's where mine go) comes about 5 days later. Points post the day after that. All in all very prompt compared to, say, Hilton. And great for extending the expiration of one's companion's points.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I hadn't thought to check spam. Just checked it and there wasn't anything in there. It has been just a couple of days so will continue to watch and wait. Thanks, again.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:03 pm

I'm waiting on points to post for sears from Sept 22nd. So frustrating!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: WN, DL
I've had good experience with being notified within 5 days of earning points and of the points posting quickly with all merchants save one... Walgreens. With Walgreens, I always have to contact Cartera customer service after waiting the 8 weeks requested and send an email. To their credit, they usually get me the points within a few days of that. But, Walgreens is very frustrating.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:44 pm

I get the email sometimes.....but if you check the "my shopping account" link at the top of the main shopping page, purchases will show up there also a few days later.

If you are using IE, then sometimes the my shopping page doesn't work. I use Firefox when I want to check things out.

One thing I noticed with my points that posted this past Tuesday is there was 3 purchases from 3 separate retailers that all posted together as a lump sum.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Drugstore.com is more reliable

Originally Posted by JayPak
I've had good experience with being notified within 5 days of earning points and of the points posting quickly with all merchants save one... Walgreens. With Walgreens, I always have to contact Cartera customer service after waiting the 8 weeks requested and send an email. To their credit, they usually get me the points within a few days of that. But, Walgreens is very frustrating.
I sure do like drugstore.com shopping better than walgreens. Customer service is great. The miles post most of the time. Love the five percent of purchases back every quarter. It is my go to place for everything I need that can be bought on their site! When they were bought By Walgreens they maintained their outstanding service!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Here is a heads up for everyone running Firefox. I have installed a great add on called Ghostery that prevents those targeted ads based on searches done on other sites. However, it also prevents proper handshaking to the shopping sites. Be sure and turn off blocking while shopping.

I lost a few points learning this lesson.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. I checked any blocking and had none. And nothing in my spam email. Checked the My Shopping Account and nothing there. This transaction was with Home Depot. It took some time and my "session" on the Rapid Rewards page kept timing out. It's only been 6-7 days since I ordered so will keep watching. Thanks for all the helpful info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.