Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

can I add a known traveler number to an existing reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can I add a known traveler number to an existing reservation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Plt, Hyatt Plt
1. Yep I see it now, I dug around for 20 minutes on the TSA site
2. Its stupid
3. I guess I'm joining the crowd now of wondering what the goal of the TSA is.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:09 pm

TSA doesn't need a goal, they are the government.
fatmenace likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I assume they vet it live in a database. I thought military could no longer just show their card, and now they have to enter their card # into the reservation or something. Not sure.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:44 pm

Is there a way to add a known traveler number to a international ticket?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Plt, Hyatt Plt
Originally Posted by gooseman13
I assume they vet it live in a database. I thought military could no longer just show their card, and now they have to enter their card # into the reservation or something. Not sure.
I'll let you know when I fly out tmrw from DCA. I remember seeing the pre check lines with the signs that say pre check plus military CAC, but that was a few months ago.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:00 pm

Just a heads up, Southwest cannot add a KTN to a Group Reservation (more than 8 people), I tried today online and by phone
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by dailow
Is there a way to add a known traveler number to a international ticket?
Sure there is, but Southwest's current limitations make the chances of this actually helping you less than 5%. Yep, they are the *ONLY* domestic airline who doesn't yet have the ability to force TSA PreCheck onto boarding passes for records that include an international leg. Ridiculous, but true.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I added KTN to eight reservations after the fact. I've flown four and have boarding passes for two - all good with TSApre. I just called WN, and they added them in minutes. Biggest time spent reading the numbers.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by bobunf
I added KTN to eight reservations after the fact. I've flown four and have boarding passes for two - all good with TSApre.
In my experience, this will work 100% of the time on domestic reservations, but 100% NONE of the time on international
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Interesting thought.

Some folks are saying they are getting PreCheck after adding their numbers.

BUT - how do you know if you are getting it from adding the number, or if they are getting it just like any other passenger might get it via the random process?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:36 pm
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Originally Posted by zaccaggie
Do they do this at other places where I see you can access the Pre Check Line if you have your military CAC card?
Military have to enter CAC ID number into reservation in order to get PRE. (They changed this procedure a few months ago).
Members of the Military
Members of the U.S. Armed Forces can experience expedited screening at more than 120 TSA Pre✓™ airports by using their official Department of Defense (DoD) identification number when making flight reservations
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Interesting thought.

Some folks are saying they are getting PreCheck after adding their numbers.

BUT - how do you know if you are getting it from adding the number, or if they are getting it just like any other passenger might get it via the random process?
I got it twice last week after calling and adding the number (one flight on WN with a mobile BP, one flight on US with an airport-printed paper BP. Phoned both airlines). Precheck was printed on both BPs and got three beeps on both.

Precheck isn't printed on the BPs of the random selectees.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Lost
I got it twice last week after calling and adding the number (one flight on WN with a mobile BP, one flight on US with an airport-printed paper BP. Phoned both airlines). Precheck was printed on both BPs and got three beeps on both.

Precheck isn't printed on the BPs of the random selectees.
I've gotten it randomly on my BP while flying Southwest.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
My son holds my companion pass on SWA and recently got his KNT (tsaprecheck). I've added it to his own Rapid Rewards profile. I'm about to add him as a companion on an upcoming flight, and I've looked for a way to add KTN to his companion profile but can't find any way to do it. Anyone know if this will work automatically or if I'll have to call in?
Old May 14, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
My son holds my companion pass on SWA and recently got his KNT (tsaprecheck). I've added it to his own Rapid Rewards profile. I'm about to add him as a companion on an upcoming flight, and I've looked for a way to add KTN to his companion profile but can't find any way to do it. Anyone know if this will work automatically or if I'll have to call in?
NO, it will not work automatically.

NO, when the companion reservation is added, there is a field in which you can add the KTN to the passenger details online.

YES, for already-existing bookings, you will have to call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.