Search

(Sold Out) $50 SWA Voucher for $14.25

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
(Sold Out) $50 SWA Voucher for $14.25

Just found this deal on Facebook: http://savvystews.com/dailydeal/

A $50 Southwest voucher (with the catch of subscribing to Grandparents.com for a year) for only $14.25! Looks like it's mailed to you, and there is no limit to the number purchased per household.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Just a caution....this link bombed my Internet Explorer browser.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlaue
Just a caution....this link bombed my Internet Explorer browser.
Huh, that's weird, it worked fine on Chrome and Safari (Mac). I didn't have any concerns because the payment is made over PayPal on an actual PayPal link.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Limited to one purchase per paypal account?

"This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."

Last edited by nsx; Jul 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Dust...
Better not be the $50 off you next roundtrip southwest Business Select Fare ($25 off one-way) vouchers they mail out for free from time to time.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:21 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by symbols
Better not be the $50 off you next roundtrip southwest Business Select Fare ($25 off one-way) vouchers they mail out for free from time to time.
I think you called it. No details on the voucher means it's likely to be either a scam or more trouble than it's worth to get a refund or a proper voucher. I took one for the team, but whatever the voucher is I'm guessing it the company got it for free from Southwest.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
I think you called it. No details on the voucher means it's likely to be either a scam or more trouble than it's worth to get a refund or a proper voucher. I took one for the team, but whatever the voucher is I'm guessing it the company got it for free from Southwest.
According to someone on SlickDeals, they emailed the company and got a response saying it's $50 off any SWA flight. I ordered two, so I'm also curious to see what happens, but even if it isn't legit, PayPal has a reputation for siding with the buyer to save face if something goes wrong.

Edit: And a phishing scam wouldn't make sense because it's hosted on a legitimate website for a couple of travel gurus who will soon be hosting their own television show.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
I have no idea why I just bought one
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:30 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dfwgolfer1
I have no idea why I just bought one
It's a disease common to FT'ers: Dread of missing out on a deal.

If this thing has a 50% chance of being legitimate the price is good. If.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:31 pm

Safari gave me an error message about not accepting cookies, but Chrome completed the transaction.

What the hell… $50 for $15, why not?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ursine1
Safari gave me an error message about not accepting cookies, but Chrome completed the transaction.

What the hell… $50 for $15, why not?
^^^
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
It's a disease common to FT'ers: Dread of missing out on a deal.

If this thing has a 50% chance of being legitimate the price is good. If.
I agree, who knows what we will get...

I wouldn't be surprised if we get:
Valid for swavacations.com, $2000 minimum spend, 4+ travelers required, excludes Thursday, Friday and Sunday, excludes International, etc etc etc
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:54 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dfwgolfer1
I agree, who knows what we will get...
One thing we will get is a good story, however it turns out. Maybe even $14 worth of story. And face it: one reason we travel is to collect fun stories to tell.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:25 am

Hey Everyone it's Bobby Laurie of "The Savvy Stews." This is a legit offer! As the OP said the "catch" is you get a year premium membership with GrandParents.com.

They're trying to compete with AARP but there's NO age limitations with GP.com so you can be any age and sign up. They're going to have an exclusive travel deal/discounts section of which, we'll be a part of and we'll be offering deals like this more often. $25 gas cards, hotel discounts, etc.

There is no limit to the amount of memberships you can purchase. PayPal seems to limit it until funds clear. Each "registration" needs to have a different name on it for the GP.com membership.

The $50 voucher has no conditions attached to it. It's literally $50 off your ticket. One way, roundtrip, business select, whatever. Vouchers will be mailed when the offer closes. Info will be sent to GP.com and they'll get the vouchers out to the address used in the registration.

If you have more questions feel free to let me know. We have a few hundred of these to give away
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:42 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gtolj2
According to someone on SlickDeals, they emailed the company and got a response saying it's $50 off any SWA flight.
I emailed them too. Answer: "It's not restricted at all. Its a $50 voucher."

So I cleared cookies from wishpond and savvystews and bought another using a different email address and different name.

I think this deal is legitimate and therefore very hot. I don't expect it to last past Wednesday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.