Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

RR shopping portal Bonus Points never seem to post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold

We use RR Shopping when possible for extra points, but almost without fail I have to send an inquiry in weeks or months later in order to get more than one point per dollar. It's created a situation where I have to track every purchase. For example, it's now July, and every RR shopping purchase we made in April only posted at 1 point per dollar. Both my wife and I are computer-savvy, we know to click through the RR shopping site in order to get the points. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfmaz
We use RR Shopping when possible for extra points, but almost without fail I have to send an inquiry in weeks or months later in order to get more than one point per dollar. It's created a situation where I have to track every purchase. For example, it's now July, and every RR shopping purchase we made in April only posted at 1 point per dollar. Both my wife and I are computer-savvy, we know to click through the RR shopping site in order to get the points. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Yep. More often than not.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:42 am

From time to time.......I would say about 75% of my purchases go through fine. The other 25% I need to send a follow up email. It is a pain - but I will say lately they have been very quick with follow up and the missing points tend to post within a week of inquiry. (I do usually wait about 6-8 weeks to make the inquiry).

How I try to track it....I have set up a folder in my inbox labels SW Portal Purchases. Whenever I get an order confirmation I stick it in there. When the order is received and the points post to my RR account - it gets deleted.

It is an easy look in the folder to see what orders didn't get the points and when I have to make the inquiry all info is right there to cut and paste from.

It is annoying - but YTD I have about 14,000 CPQPs for purchases I would have made anyway. I'll take it - even with the bit of follow up that is needed.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a problem common to all airlines' shopping portals, not just Southwest's.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
This is a problem common to all airlines' shopping portals, not just Southwest's.
Heh - kinda makes me wonder if it's not so much of a problem, but a "feature". If the only way we can get the correct number of points on the purchases is to track everything and then file a claim, then so be it. But it does seem like it's an underhanded way to avoid paying points.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
No problems here with RR Shopping, even when there are bonus points to be earned. Always post pretty quick.

I have more issues with hotels. Too often my RR points fail to post, and I get hotel points instead! And its always a guessing game if they can convert them to RR points when I call - sometimes they do, sometimes not.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:56 pm

I am batting 100% since I started clearing my cache and cookies before ordering. I think a lot of the time, the points might not post if you have been on the site any time recently.

For example, if you are shopping on a site, and then you think "oh wait, I think this store is on the shopping portal, I better go click through the site so I get my points," and you do everything correctly from that point on, the points will still probably not post. For some reason the system sees that you had been at that site earlier, and it chooses to think that you did NOT come through the portal. It also seems that even if you had been on that site DAYS before, your cookies may confuse the portal and the points might not post.

So every time I go to place an order, I open a new browser session, clear my history, cookies, and cache, close the browser, and then re-open the browser and go through the portal. I have been doing this for over a year and dozens of transactions, and have had every single one of them post correctly. YMMV, but it seems to work for me. The "points only posting at 1x" thing might be a different problem though, and thankfully I haven't had that happen yet.

Last edited by Nirvana91; Jul 12, 2014 at 2:57 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
RR Points Post

Good Morning,
My points have posted. I have been lucky I have had not issues.

-Sandra
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I am batting 100% since I started clearing my cache and cookies before ordering. I think a lot of the time, the points might not post if you have been on the site any time recently.

For example, if you are shopping on a site, and then you think "oh wait, I think this store is on the shopping portal, I better go click through the site so I get my points," and you do everything correctly from that point on, the points will still probably not post. For some reason the system sees that you had been at that site earlier, and it chooses to think that you did NOT come through the portal. It also seems that even if you had been on that site DAYS before, your cookies may confuse the portal and the points might not post.

So every time I go to place an order, I open a new browser session, clear my history, cookies, and cache, close the browser, and then re-open the browser and go through the portal. I have been doing this for over a year and dozens of transactions, and have had every single one of them post correctly. YMMV, but it seems to work for me. The "points only posting at 1x" thing might be a different problem though, and thankfully I haven't had that happen yet.
This is great advice. I just use a different browser than my main so I'm not constantly clearing stuff from my main browser. I honestly can't remember the last time a transaction didn't track correctly.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Nirvana91

Just go incognito or inprivate before shopping.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Lakee911
Just go incognito or inprivate before shopping.
+1 for Chrome Incognito for all portals. Hasn't failed me yet.

I tend to figure out what I want first, browse as normal via Chrome without worrying about cookies, cache, etc... once I have the item(s) I need figured out, I move to incognito browser, login to portal, click through, and quickly add those items back into my cart, and checkout. I try NOT to further browse, even though it probably wouldn't be an issue, I still avoid it. Lol. It must be working, as I am also batting 100%. Knock on wood!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: WN A-list, WN Companion Pass, Marriott Platinum
Home Depot RR shopping

Up until end of April RR points posted on HD purchases, then they stopped posting. Eventually received points no longer purchase from HD, now buy from Lowes. Points are posted in about a week from their purchases,
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:55 am

Reviving this post as I've started to encounter issues over my last few purchases through the portal. I've completed many many purchases without an issue but suddenly they aren't posting. I contacted their support but they just gave me the response that it may take up to 8 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced issues lately or is it just me?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by tys90
Reviving this post as I've started to encounter issues over my last few purchases through the portal. I've completed many many purchases without an issue but suddenly they aren't posting. I contacted their support but they just gave me the response that it may take up to 8 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced issues lately or is it just me?
+1 over the past few weeks.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:02 pm

I am dealing with this too. I bought $6000 worth of Sears gift cards on the Sept 9X bonus day that never posted along with an Sears order for $1700 the same day that also did not post. I have been in communication with the help desk people from about 2 weeks out. Two months later and I am still being told it's being researched.

I don't know what to do. I really want the companion pass but I don't really want to spend anymore money at Sears/Kmart with their shaky footing right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.