Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyones chase card get "hacked"?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Following the Target data breach from Thanksgiving, Chase forced a new WN Visa on me despite no fraud being detected on the card, but I had used it during the breach time frame. Within 2 days of receiving my new Chase WN Visa, having never used it myself, there was two fraudulent charges from the East Coast (I live in AZ and did not travel at all during that time). So much for the security of Chase's card numbers and the irony of forcing the replacement of a non-compromised card with one that was instantly compromised. They did overnight the second replacement card and (knock on wood) there has been no issues with the new number.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by SCGustafson
They did overnight the second replacement card and (knock on wood) there has been no issues with the new number.
Yet. There most likely will be, at some point.

Whole inventories of cards and associated personal information are being "hacked" and sold online, despite increased security by the card issuers and merchants. One solution may be the U.S. switching to chip and PIN cards, like the rest of the world uses. If the merchants and banks can ever stop fighting over liability issues this will eventually happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.