Concur SWA and Pre-Check

Old Jun 12, 14, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Concur SWA and Pre-Check

Reaching out to other RR members to see if they have seen the same issue:

1. Book SWA flight via Concur with KTN in Concur profile.
2. When the reservation is made with SWA, the KTN is placed in the Redress Number field inside SWAs system.
3. When you get your boarding pass, no TSA Pre is indicated, and you get the dreaded 1 beep.

At first I thought I had hit the "random no Pre Check" that I was told about during Global Entry enrollment. I proceeded to the gate and asked the gate clerk to verify, and that is where I learned that the KTN was placed in the wrong field. This happened about 6 weeks ago after Concur did an upgrade over a weekend. Since then, every SWA booking has had the same issue ( I just know now to call the A List line and have them update the reservation ). Ive contacted both Concur and the TA (Christopherson) we use, and they seem to not think of it as a huge issue. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues -- or if they have noticed that they have not been getting TSA Pre for the last 6 weeks or so.
Old Jun 13, 14, 12:10 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Our travel agent uses Concur as well.

About a month ago, I had a couple itineraries where I had the same situation as you and assumed the "random no Pre-Check", too.

Before my last couple trips, I called SWA in advance to see whether my reservations were in order (assuming that they wouldn't tell me anything and I would have to take it up with TSA). The CSR found the same issue (KTN in the Redress field) and I was 4/4 on Pre-Check on the trips.

Fast forward to yesterday - booked a couple more trips for next week and called SWA after ticketing. The KTN is in the right field. A colleague that had booked the same travel a week ago still needed his KTN properly entered.

So, it sounds like Concur very recently fixed the problem, but it will not stop me from making a quick phone call to SWA prior to checking in.
Old Jun 13, 14, 6:23 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred
No issues with KTN and Concur. 100% success with pre-check on SW since it started. And I was never "opted in" by SW.
Old Jun 17, 14, 8:29 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Hilton Diamond
Same Problem Here

My company also uses Concur, and my last two trips had the same problem. Booked via Concur to SWA, Known Traveler # in the booking, hit the SWA system as a redress #. Last occurrence was outbound on June 10, also happened on the June 3 outbound.

The SWA counter agent added my KT# and re-issued my boarding pass with pre-check.

Will be curious to see if the fix (referenced above) takes hold in July.
Old Jun 18, 14, 2:55 pm

My company uses Concur. My KTN is in Concur. My KTN gets properly applied to other airlines like UA and AA.

My 2 flights on WN did not get Pre-Check, and that's when I started googling. Turns out the OP's explanation is correct. The KTN goes into the Redress #. I think this is just some integration issue between WN and Concur.

I call in before every trip or after the reservation is made to make sure WN manually enters my KTN in. KTN is also stored in Rapid Rewards so they just pull from there. Pre-Check 100% since. This is my 8th trip in the past 3 months since I figured this out. No issue.

Originally Posted by elron938 View Post
Our travel agent uses Concur as well.

About a month ago, I had a couple itineraries where I had the same situation as you and assumed the "random no Pre-Check", too.

Before my last couple trips, I called SWA in advance to see whether my reservations were in order (assuming that they wouldn't tell me anything and I would have to take it up with TSA). The CSR found the same issue (KTN in the Redress field) and I was 4/4 on Pre-Check on the trips.

Fast forward to yesterday - booked a couple more trips for next week and called SWA after ticketing. The KTN is in the right field. A colleague that had booked the same travel a week ago still needed his KTN properly entered.

So, it sounds like Concur very recently fixed the problem, but it will not stop me from making a quick phone call to SWA prior to checking in.
Interesting... I just booked a trip last Wed (6/11) and I forgot to call WN for my trip this Monday (6/16). When I checked in on Sunday, I didn't get Pre-Check and so I called in immediately afterward. If what you're saying is true, it looks like the change was very recent. I'll need to fly next Tuesday likely, and I haven't booked yet, but I certainly will pay close attention now that you mention this. I'll try checking in without calling and see if anything changes
Old Jun 18, 14, 11:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm a Concur T&E administrator for my company in my role as an accountant. I can tell you that Southwest poses the most issues for Concur due to not using a similar delivery system as the other airlines. Whether it's issues with multi-airline tickets, problems with flight changes, limitations, etc, I've encountered more finicky issues with Southwest than others. Concur knows this and I think is doing their best to work around Southwest's antiquated systems.
Old Jun 19, 14, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, UA
I have a KTN in Concur. Last month, it got sent to Southwest incorrectly as a redress number. This month it went correctly as a KTN.
Old Jun 19, 14, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
My firm uses Concur and I hate it. My next WN flight is 7/14 so I'll find out if my Pre works then.
Old Jun 21, 14, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Here's a link to my posting on May 24th http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...pts-you-3.html. I'm still having problems from our Concur to SWA. I just made another 4 reservations on Friday for July and I'll call on Monday to see if the KTN shows up in the redress field.
Old Jun 23, 14, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, United Premier Gold
I haven't had this issue, but my company travel agent (CWT) uses Concur and I have to manually enter my Rapid Rewards number for every single itinerary I book, even though it's in my travel profile. Ugh. The travel agents say that SWA uses a different computer system than all the other airlines.
Old Jun 24, 14, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I have the same issues with Concur and SWA (no problem with other airlines). TA says its a known issue.
Old Jun 24, 14, 9:33 pm

Made a reservation today for Thurs/Fri travel. KTN did NOT get applied as usual. Had to call it in. Sigh.
Old Jul 9, 14, 3:11 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Hilton Diamond
Working Now?

Made two new reservations via Concur yesterday, called SWA today and the agent said both records had my Known Traveler # properly recorded in the proper field. The agent recognized this a known (my bad pun) problem.

The proof will in late July when I actually fly these trips.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: