Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

TSA Precheck Not Valid Unless SouthWest Opts You In?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck Not Valid Unless SouthWest Opts You In?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Yep. This is what I did as well and am now 100% pre-check on WN.

Originally Posted by thebyte
In my case I had to call Southwest and add my middle name to my RR profile to get pre check to work. It is not editable online.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR LT Plat
Originally Posted by thebyte
In my case I had to call Southwest and add my middle name to my RR profile to get pre check to work. It is not editable online.
As a heads up, you may want to do this before the T-36 auto-check in if you're A List. My corporate travel agent had only my middle initial in the reservation for a flight tomorrow. Usually I book myself. I noticed on the iPhone App today at about T-30 that it wasn't showing TSAPre. I called in and the agent was able to add it, but he said he had to delete my A List Preferred boarding pass. He said to make sure I checked in at T-24. Although when I checked in a T-24 I was still A22. So he may not have have know what he was talking about.

On a side note, I really like the new function in the App that shows if your TSAPre is attached. It's under Manage Trips and then click on a flight. It shows it right next to your RR number.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by tbonebkd
On a side note, I really like the new function in the App that shows if your TSAPre is attached. It's under Manage Trips and then click on a flight. It shows it right next to your RR number.
Are you on iOS? I'm not seeing this on Android.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Are you on iOS? I'm not seeing this on Android.
Yes. Sorry. iOS. Just noticed it after the last update of the App which I did on 6/17.

This is what it looks like.
Attached Images  

Last edited by tbonebkd; Jun 20, 2016 at 11:07 pm Reason: Add pic
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:07 pm

I have four scheduled flights at the moment (as a companion), but only one of the four displays both passengers like the image posted above. Oddly, that one is an international flight, and it shows the primary passenger as having pre-check, but not the companion (me). Of course, neither of us will actually have pre-check on our boarding pass for that flight.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred

That's great! I got NEXUS/PreCheck a couple of months ago and don't have any scheduled flights for a couple of months. I just called csr service today to have my middle name added. My wife's middle name was on her RR act already.

All 6 flights we have show Pre Check on the app. Not sure if they were set before I called to add my middle name.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Yes. Sorry. iOS. Just noticed it after the last update of the App which I did on 6/17.

This is what it looks like.
What does the sunshine icon mean?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by palmetto86
What does the sunshine icon mean?
EBCI. I always buy for my companion even though I'm A List Preferred. I don't like the whole seat saving hassle, but that's for the 100's of other threads.

Last edited by tbonebkd; Jun 22, 2016 at 9:22 am
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors Silver, Pre✓®
I signed up for PreCheck in late December 2015 and added my KTN to my various profiles on December 31, 2015, to include Southwest's profile. I got an Invitation opt-in email about two months later saying I am welcome to use PreCheck and could get a KTN by visiting an enrollment center.... which I did two months earlier. However, I noticed my online Southwest profile now had the option to opt-in or opt-out of PreCheck.

My wife added her KTN to her account maybe two weeks ago. She currently does not have the opt-in/out choice yet on Southwest. She has no middle name, so Southwest profile has a blank spot and of course her KTN profile has "NMN". I wonder if I need to have Southwest add NMN to her Middle name field. Thoughts??
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:25 am

EBCI. I always buy for my companion even though I'm A List Preferred. I don't like the whole seat saving hassle, but that's for the 100's of other threads.
Good to hear it's not just me. Besides saving the seat saving, I don't get the blame for a bad number draw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.