Cancelling SW card and re-applying

Old May 16, 2014, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Cancelling SW card and re-applying

Just wondering how long one would have to wait to apply for a new card after cancelling current account?

I'd like to amass those 50k free miles once again. Thank you!
Old May 16, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Supposedly, you would wait an eternity. Chase cards are not churnable, but YMMV.
Old May 16, 2014, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Silver/Gold, Best Western, Choice, AS, DL, UA, WN
I thought I read someplace something about having to wait 24 months between cancelling and reapplying. Could be wrong but I think I read that somewhere.
Old May 16, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec
Originally Posted by retiredflyer51
I thought I read someplace something about having to wait 24 months between cancelling and reapplying. Could be wrong but I think I read that somewhere.
That's correct. After cancelling the card, one needs to wait 2 years to be eligible for the sign-up bonuses.
Old May 16, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by sorka
That's correct. After cancelling the card, one needs to wait 2 years to be eligible for the sign-up bonuses.
The terms and conditions say you can never get the bonus again, but some people have reported getting it after a period. Also some people have reported getting 2 bonuses on 2 personal cards, also againt the T & C.

Like many things actual experiance varies from the T & C. But you never know when they will actually enforce the letter of the law.
Old May 16, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Supposedly, you would wait an eternity. Chase cards are not churnable, but YMMV.
I have had about 6 Marriott cards, 4 or 5 United cards and most recently 2 IHG cards.

Chase cards are churnable

Originally Posted by LUPY48
Just wondering how long one would have to wait to apply for a new card after cancelling current account?

I'd like to amass those 50k free miles once again. Thank you!

There are 2 versions of the Chase SW personal card, this time apply for the one ( plus or premier) that you don't currently have or go the business card route
Old May 16, 2014, 6:01 pm

I just had my 52,200 pts go into my account today for the 2nd time!! It was just about 19 months since I canceled my 1st card. So yes you can...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.