Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Worst Flight Experience DAL from A-List Preferred

Worst Flight Experience DAL from A-List Preferred

Old May 17, 14, 6:42 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by kerflumexed View Post
5. The company has been dragging its feet with regards to labor negotiations. This may have resulted in employee groups including ramp and ops agents not going the extra mile as they would have under Herb.
Bingo! Hidden work action!
Old May 17, 14, 7:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Originally Posted by kerflumexed View Post
Talking about gates... One of the early first hire captains was Salazar, a Cuban, known as Salli. He liked to taxi fast as most did. Sometimes he was going too fast to stop at the assigned gate in Dallas, so he would just go to the next gate or the gate after that. The ops agent would make a laconic gate change announcement.
"Flight 209, now arriving at gate 8... gate 9... gate 10..."
Old May 17, 14, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
"Flight 209, now arriving at gate 8... gate 9... gate 10..."
You young guys may not get this reference.

"We have clearance, Clarence."

"What's our vector, Victor?"
Old May 17, 14, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unlike other carriers, WN doesn't have any interline ticketing agreements. So, in IRROPS, there is nothing to be done other than wait for other WN flights. That alone is a reason to never, ever, never fly WN.

Doesn't matter whether things are great when they work. What matters is what a carrier when things go wrong. At WN there's nothing to be done.
Old May 17, 14, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Will more routes into / out of DAL now that they can fly anywhere help out? I am always perplexed why the monitors can not be kept current - the system has to know. I have seen On Time arrival posted when I talked to inbound pax and the inbound plane was already 45 min. late departing.
Old May 17, 14, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Unlike other carriers, WN doesn't have any interline ticketing agreements. So, in IRROPS, there is nothing to be done other than wait for other WN flights. That alone is a reason to never, ever, never fly WN.
That IMO is wildly, dramatically overstated.

Why do you post in this forum if you never fly WN?
Old May 17, 14, 10:57 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Yes. This.
Old May 23, 14, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlt, AAdmirals Club, Hilton Diamond
Finally heard back from SWA customer service.

They are sending a $250 LUV voucher. I am happy with that; seems reasonable and fair.
Old May 23, 14, 9:19 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by MCOSWAFlyer View Post

They are sending a $250 LUV voucher. I am happy with that; seems reasonable and fair.
Reasonable and Fair. Thanks for the report update!
Old May 23, 14, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by MCOSWAFlyer View Post

Glad your got it worked out.

It is my impression based on prior experience that Southwest used to be more proactive and generous. It seems to me that the "New Southwest" seems to be less proactive but will grease the squeaky wheel, when prodded.
Old May 25, 14, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post

Why do you post in this forum if you never fly WN?
Perhaps Often1 meant to say to never CHOOSE to fly WN. Many of us fly WN when there are no other viable options, wince when the FAs, pilots thank us for "choosing" WN.
Old May 25, 14, 5:08 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Hilton and Choice hotels primarily.
I find it amazing that you guys think these other other airlines are so much better, yet the people who post on their boards don't seem to think so.
Old May 25, 14, 6:23 pm

Last week, flying Aus-Atl, my favorite ops agent was working the SWA flight. I asked him about rampers not being able to help out and he said they are organized into zones and they can't help another zone "unless instructed to do so by a supervisor." Said it is not a problem at Aus since they have all been there a long time and work well with each other. Met the Captain who is still badged AirTran. Super nice guy. Then I wandered down two gates to get on my Delta flight to Atlanta. I can no longer depend on Southwest unless it is my only option.
Old May 25, 14, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post

Doesn't matter whether things are great when they work. What matters is what a carrier when things go wrong. At WN there's nothing to be done.
IMHO this is a red herring as with the advent of revenue management there are very few time there is an opportunity that an empty seat is available on another airline. In addition without hubs there is multiple cities WN can connect you through to get to your final destination. With hub centric airlines if the hub is done everyone is having a bad day.
Old May 25, 14, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
Glad your got it worked out.

It is my impression based on prior experience that Southwest used to be more proactive and generous. It seems to me that the "New Southwest" seems to be less proactive but will grease the squeaky wheel, when prodded.
Well there is a lot of speculation there

Search this Thread
Search Engine: