Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SW calls to change my flight.....

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 6:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by alggag
The PBI-BWI-LAS connection comes up if you manually search for it using the roundtrip trick... seems a bit odd that they wouldn't list it as the 3:35 minute layover in BWI should be okay with the booking engine.

OP: Were you originally on 3773 for PBI-ATL? I'm just trying to figure out if your flight disappeared completely or if it's the fact that it's now scheduled to arrive 10 minutes before the final ATL-LAS departs that created the problem.
I'll need to check.....go thru my emails with booking. I'll need to call CS anyway. So I'll report back either way. PBI to BWI to LAS sounds terrible.
Old May 3, 2014, 8:19 am

The schedule adjustments are going to be a norm for a bit as they adjust turn times on aircraft. Most changes are normally only around 15 minutes, but some do get a little extreme. Alggag probably found the issue - that it is scheduled into ATL now after your original connection was going to depart.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:50 am

I don't have much wxperiance with Southwest changes, being a refugee from Airtran.

Airtran probably would have moved you to any reasonably availible flight, because it was their change, even diffrent days and airports, as long as they were close by.

Because of this I usually waited until nearly the last minute to make adjustments, sometimes things would change again.

For example It's possible in the ongoing schedule adjustments the original Atlanta flight will be adjusted later and make your original schedule possible.

Perhaps people with more recent Southwest experiance can comment on their attitude on these things.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The auto rebook isn't the end. If OP has a better suggestion (on WN), including leaving a day earlier or from a different station and there is space, WN will likely do that. Barring that, his choice is to take what he's got or to cancel for a refund ($ or points doesn't matter).
Old May 4, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
The auto rebook isn't the end. If OP has a better suggestion (on WN), including leaving a day earlier or from a different station and there is space, WN will likely do that. Barring that, his choice is to take what he's got or to cancel for a refund ($ or points doesn't matter).
The problem is OP has a very short trip and if it's only for 3 days - to have 1 of those wasted leaving early to get home is not fun. I've had that happen to me years ago where I either had to take an earlier flight or risk getting stranded for days because of weather.

I also understand the point about extra expenses if leaving out of FLL - maybe you can negotiate that with WN - that they can issue you a voucher or something else that will cover the cost of transportation from PBI to FLL - that shouldn't be more than a $100.

Ultimately, going East and then down to LAS is making the journey way longer than it needs to be. I'm not sure what WN flights are flying out of PBI and there's the point that WN doesn't combine segments unless their system offers them to you (which I find odd), so not sure what other options OP may have. It's strange that they would not be able to do any better for a CP.

I don't think that the cost of staying overnight is reasonable and will be reimbursed by WN. And WN won't put you on another carrier either, so you're stuck with what they offer you unless you find a better OW option elsewhere. But then, you won't be able to use your CP benefits.

P. S. I found something that may or may not work - there is a 6pm flight from PBI to BWI - operated by Southwest - WN 3846 arriving at 8:30pm and AirTran flight from BWI to LAS leaving at 9pm - WN 5425 or FL 425 arriving at 11:05pm. And on the positive side, on AirTran you will have assigned seats, so whenever you get there, they'll be available for you (if you indeed make it). Unfortunately, trying to book this on southwest.com gave me an error that MCT for BWI is 45 minutes, so WN agents won't be able to ticket. But at least you have the information, should you choose to use it. If not, I recommend the 6:20pm non-stop from FLL.

Last edited by Phoenixtinct; May 4, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Old May 4, 2014, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is highly unlikely that WN will do anything for OP other than acommodate an extra day or a different departure point. This is a schedule change.

WN, of course, has no interline ticket agreements with other carriers, but it really doesn't matter because this is an award ticket.
Old May 5, 2014, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
It is highly unlikely that WN will do anything for OP other than acommodate an extra day or a different departure point. This is a schedule change.

WN, of course, has no interline ticket agreements with other carriers, but it really doesn't matter because this is an award ticket.
I think asking for rebooking the FLL flights each way at the same point total even though the price has probably gone up, and a 3500 point courtesy adjustment for the inconvenience of the FLL-PBI schlep... for a loyal CP that would be reasonable.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I think asking for rebooking the FLL flights each way at the same point total even though the price has probably gone up, and a 3500 point courtesy adjustment for the inconvenience of the FLL-PBI schlep... for a loyal CP that would be reasonable.
FLL is a coterminal for PBI, so rebooking out of FLL isn't an issue if the OP wants that. Fare will be matched to the original fare as long as they haven't already used their 1 free additional change. Anything above that they would probably need to write in for consideration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.