Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn Double Points on Weekend Travel (next weekend) (don't get excited)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor

Just logged in to my RR account and see under "my promotions" the following:

Earn Double Points On Weekend Travel
Details

Enjoy a quick weekend getaway* and earn twice the rewards! Taking advantage of this offer is easy:

Register between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014.
Book your roundtrip travel through Southwest Airlines® between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014.
Complete your roundtrip travel between April 11, 2014 and April 14, 2014.

Register and book your roundtrip today!
Terms and Conditions:

*Saturday night stay required on April 12, 2014.

Only the Rapid Rewards Member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferrable. Member must register for this promotion between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on a new reservation booked within the promotional time period. Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines on a single reservation between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014. Member’s flight must be completed between April 11, 2014 and April 14, 2014. Valid only for a one-time double points bonus on a roundtrip flight booked and flown within the promotional time frame. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, ten bonus points on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get Away® Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within seven days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations® Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. Southwest Airlines operated flights booked through AirTran® Airways are not eligible for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Just logged in to my RR account and see under "my promotions" the following:

Earn Double Points On Weekend Travel
Details

Enjoy a quick weekend getaway* and earn twice the rewards! Taking advantage of this offer is easy:

Register between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014.
Book your roundtrip travel through Southwest Airlines® between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014.
Complete your roundtrip travel between April 11, 2014 and April 14, 2014.

Register and book your roundtrip today!
Terms and Conditions:

*Saturday night stay required on April 12, 2014.

Only the Rapid Rewards Member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferrable. Member must register for this promotion between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on a new reservation booked within the promotional time period. Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines on a single reservation between April 7, 2014 and April 10, 2014. Member’s flight must be completed between April 11, 2014 and April 14, 2014. Valid only for a one-time double points bonus on a roundtrip flight booked and flown within the promotional time frame. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, ten bonus points on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get Away® Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within seven days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations® Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. Southwest Airlines operated flights booked through AirTran® Airways are not eligible for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
I received the same offer; I wonder to what level it is targeted. I don't recall a quickie quite like this one before.

Curious if it will stack with A+ & BS as some have in the past.

A+/CP, probably a dozen or so revenue RT since the first of the year.

Last edited by steved5480; Apr 6, 2014 at 11:45 pm Reason: Add last line
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Marriott Platinum
First promotion I got for 2014, and I'm A-List and only paid for one roundtrip flight so far this year.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
perfect for a last minute weekend trip. err, maybe not for me!!

let's see: buffalo & pittsburgh to ft lauderdale/ft myers-sold out
must book round trip--flying in Thursday and back Sun/Mon is out
even if a route has seats open, 95% of routes won't have WGA due
to how close it is to travel date.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:21 am

Aye, these targeted promo threads always me me feel left out
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:52 am

Nothing for me . Curious if you would have to book the same city pairs for these round trip promos? This one requires an overnight stay so you couldn't book a single one way multi-city.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I just checked and I am eligible. I went ahead and registered if though it is quite improbable that I will use it.

I also hate the "rub your stomach/pat your head" restrictions of these things.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Very odd promo, just running a week, so few deals on tickets.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec
I got the promo and have a new trip scheduled for 4/13, return 4/15... I guess it wont work because the round-trip has to be flown between 4/11 and 4/14... bummer
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:50 am

I got this, but I really wonder what the point is. How many people will both: (a) find out about this promo here or by clicking on the promotions tab; and (b) be able to take a last minute trip this weekend.

Or maybe the point is to have a dumb promo but be able to tell some people that they did get targeted for something.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:36 am

I received the promotion, also. With this being one of the busiest travel periods of the year (Spring Break), they are probably looking for some incentive for customers to fill up remaining seats. But, with very few WGA fares available, and if so, at inflated short-notice fares, will anyone actually take the bait?

The only way this works is if somebody needs to travel this weekend and does not care about the fare. Or, perhaps there will be a sale this week, that will not require 14 day advance purchase.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I always fly BS. Received promo......one of the few weekends I have no where to fly.........errrrrrrrrr.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:17 am

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that WN routinely starts of their promo season by offering limited promotions to test the waters. Better promos usually follow. I seem to remember that late April through early June is usually an active promo period where double points and/or double tier points promotions are offered. I have a feeling that this year these promotions may be delayed.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by zachary
I got this, but I really wonder what the point is. How many people will both: (a) find out about this promo here or by clicking on the promotions tab; and (b) be able to take a last minute trip this weekend.

Or maybe the point is to have a dumb promo but be able to tell some people that they did get targeted for something.
An email notification of this "promo" arrived about 3pm CDT today (15+/- hours following it's appearance on southwest dot com around midnight).

Obviously, YMMV.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
No new promotions available for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.