Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing RR Points from a Hertz rental

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Missing RR Points from a Hertz rental

Long-time lurker here, first time posting. Two weeks ago I booked a one way rental from Las Vegas to Tucson for 10 days and used the Southwest CDP and a one-way PC code from Hertz. I expected that because the rental was 10 days I would receive the 2,400 points for a 7+ day rental based on the Promotions page on Southwest.com I included my RR account with my reservation but when checking I only received the 600 points for the entire rental. Two questions:

1) Is the 600 points that posted to my account correct because I didn't use the Southwest PC code in addition to the CDP?

2) If I should have received the 2,400 would I go contact Southwest, Hertz, or possibly both to discuss it with them?

Mods feel free to move if this should be in the Hertz forum instead.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
If you made the reservation in the southwest site and they posted the 600 points already so you are looking for the 2400 points to post.

Sometimes it takes longer for the bonus to post (these are usually 2 separate postings in the account).

I would call and check southwest to see if you registered properly for this promo if it were through southwest.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by pieperjm88
Long-time lurker here, first time posting. Two weeks ago I booked a one way rental from Las Vegas to Tucson for 10 days and used the Southwest CDP and a one-way PC code from Hertz. I expected that because the rental was 10 days I would receive the 2,400 points for a 7+ day rental based on the Promotions page on Southwest.com I included my RR account with my reservation but when checking I only received the 600 points for the entire rental.
On WN site:

Terms and Conditions: Promotion Code (PC) must be provided at time of reservation or offer is void.
It look like offer only valid with referenced PC.

I have used other more beneficial PCs on Hertz's site, while still asking for Southwest points, instead of Hertz. I only received the usual base points, when doing so.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:56 pm

i always book car rental on sw site and gets the bonus points within days of each of other. btw, i use costco's discounted code instead of wn's corp. code for better rates and still get the bonus points.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:09 pm

I usually get my points in just a few days. But not always.

The worst is when they don't post, you contact the rental car company and they something like "well, it takes 6-8 weeks to post per the fine print" so just be patient. Then 8 weeks goes by and you have to bug them again for the points to finally post.

Doesn't happen to me frequently, but it does happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.