TSA Pre Check on SWA

Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I recently booked an award ticket for spouse but didn't have his KTN w/ me so later added it through his RR account. It is showing there now. Will this populate as TSAprecheck on boarding pass even though I added AFTER reservation was made (but before check in)?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:38 am

Probably not. Most people report that the KTN is not added to existing reservations, but that it can be added by calling Southwest and having them add it to existing reservations.

I'd call to be sure it was in there.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I recently booked an award ticket for spouse but didn't have his KTN w/ me so later added it through his RR account. It is showing there now. Will this populate as TSAprecheck on boarding pass even though I added AFTER reservation was made (but before check in)?
You definitely have to call in. WN's system doesn't seem to be able to handle it when you want to add the KTN after booking yourself. It has to be done by an agent over the phone. It's pretty quick and easy though (as long as you don't have to wait on hold for an hour), just have the confirmation # and KTN ready and it only takes a minute or two. When my wife and I got our KTNs I had about 20 itineraries to go through, which was really annoying for both me and the phone agent. But if it's just one, no big deal.

Also note that if you are talking about an International itenary, you are not going to be Precheck either way (more great WN IT)...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
Originally Posted by lougord99
MDW is the only airport that I fly that does this ridiculous left/right and people without a clue wind up in front of you.

I don't understand why this remnant of early Pre-check still exists at MDW.
I get TSA Pre most of the time. I am not GE but got it through Delta when the program 1st started and I was Platinum back then. It has rolled forward to WN with prob 90% getting it.

Recently coming back from a cruise in Orlando I did not get it in advance but got the random iPad green light and went right through.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Nirvana91

Also note that if you are talking about an International itenary, you are not going to be Precheck either way (more great WN IT)...
Positively correct. WN has been promising me since last fall that this was a TOP PRIORITY, but half a year later, no fix! Unreal. Really lousy. I'll stick with UA for my international trips for now until WN can fix this.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I called and the CSR said she was removing my RR number from each PNR, and then adding it back in. That automatically placed my KTN on each reservation booked prior to the KTN being included in my profile.

Once the KTN is in your profile, each subsequent booking should automatically include the KTN.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
I've flown a few flights since getting Global Entry and have not yet received Pre-Check.

All were booked prior to having a KTN. I entered it in my RR profile, called to have it added to the existing reservations but then had to send a copy of my photo ID because the RR account was missing the middle name.

I haven't had to book any new reservations but am still going through these existing ones. Any thoughts on how to get Pre-Check? I tend to book when the schedules are extended (and switch later if needed) which seems to be a bad thing right now. Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by allseas1586
... but then had to send a copy of my photo ID because the RR account was missing the middle name.
Just to be sure- they've added your middle name to your RR account as well, right? If the name on your GOES card doesn't match the name on your RR account exactly it won't match and you won't get PreCheck.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Just to be sure- they've added your middle name to your RR account as well, right? If the name on your GOES card doesn't match the name on your RR account exactly it won't match and you won't get PreCheck.
They did, it is first, middle, last on the RR account. Now on the GOES card it lists the last name in one field and the first & middle as given name - doesn't appear that there are two fields to separate them.

I wasn't sure if it matters that the KTN was added before the name changed on the RR account - the tickets now match full name on the RR account.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:19 pm

This may sound odd, but check to make sure that the KTN was entered properly. I had a similar situation when I got GE and the KTN was not entered properly by the first phone agent (I found this out when I called to fix another aspect of the reservation).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, WN A-List
Originally Posted by allseas1586
They did, it is first, middle, last on the RR account. Now on the GOES card it lists the last name in one field and the first & middle as given name - doesn't appear that there are two fields to separate them.

I wasn't sure if it matters that the KTN was added before the name changed on the RR account - the tickets now match full name on the RR account.
I have had 100% Pre on UA, Virgin, DL and WN since getting global entry at least a couple of years ago.

I changed the name on all my FF profiles to *exactly* match what is on the GOES card. Their name matching algorithm for verification seems a little fussy from many forum reports.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by phil94028
I have had 100% Pre on UA, Virgin, DL and WN since getting global entry at least a couple of years ago.

I changed the name on all my FF profiles to *exactly* match what is on the GOES card. Their name matching algorithm for verification seems a little fussy from many forum reports.
Curious, did you do First, Middle, Last or merge First + Middle together? The GOES card has both on the same line.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:37 pm

FWIW, on the WN site it specifically calls me out (separate boxes) for "First", "MI" and "Surname", and yes the GOES card is "Surname" and "First<space>MI"- but so are the printed WN BPs: SURNAME/FIRST M, so as long as the MI is in the "right" box according to WN, you should be all set.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:40 pm

... also, make sure the WN site has you listed as "Opted In" for "TSA PreCheck" on the "Contact Information" page of "My Account" (it's right underneath where your GOES/TT number would be).
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:35 pm

I must retract this:

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... but so are the printed WN BPs: SURNAME/FIRST M
I just printed a BP today, and my MI isn't on the bold "name" line- but is on the new(ish) LN/FN/MN fields at the bottom that came about the same time WN got PC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.