Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR 1.0 Credit Expiration- 2* Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
Wingrider, let me see if I have this straight.

1) On 2/16/2014 you moved 4.5 credits from WN to FL to WN. 2 of the credits came back with a new expiration date of 2/16/2015 and 2.5 credits kept the same expiration date of 2/22/2014.
Yes. To be completely accurate, I had transferred them from WN to FL a couple of days before that as a single 4.5 credit transfer. I had experienced dates not updating the year before so I was experimenting to see if them sitting "on FL's books" a couple days would make any difference. On the 2.5 credits apparently not. The 4.5 credit transfer back to WN was initiated from the FL website as a single 4.5 transfer.

2) On 2/22/2014 you transferred 0.5 credits from WN to FL and 2 credits from WN to FL.
Correct. This was in 2 completely separate transactions including double logins and logouts of WN's SWABIZ website.

3) On 2/22/2014 you transferred 2 credits from FL to WN and 0.5 credits from FL to WN. Both came back with expiration dates of 2/22/2015.
That is correct. This was in 2 completely separate transactions including double logins and logouts via WN's SWABIZ website. The return of points to WN from FL was also from SWABIZ toggling from the square FL logo on the exchange page. After moving the 2 from FL and before moving the .5 credits from FL, I did review the expiration dates to see if they had changed before I pursued the remaining .5 credit. At that point the 2 points had indeed had their expiration refreshed from 2014 to 2015.

Did I miss any steps in there? (Particularly, I am interested if between steps 1 and 2, on 2/22/2014 you transferred 2.5 credits from WN to FL to WN.) If not, the result matches with previously posted accounts of the glitch in the matrix.
I only made two "2 steps" on 2/22- .5 and then 2 credits. Several days before, these 2.5 points were moved as a combined 4.5 credit exchange as part of 4.5 credit extended stay "2 step". The 4.5 2-step was unsuccessful in updating 2.5 credits to have a 2015 expiration date when they returned to WN.

It was my misunderstanding of what that third column said that motivated me to break apart the 2.5 credits and move the .5 on it's own. I thought at the time perhaps the 2.5 consisted of a 2 and a .5 pair of transactions that might have the same expiration date- or that they were bound in some way such that .5 would expire, but 2 credits might not.

I got them all moved and wanted to make sure I documented it to perhaps help others since breaking apart a non updating credit was successful.

*shrug*
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:50 pm

Gotcha.

For all those following along, the glitch in the matrix is the extension of the expiration date of credits. Credits must be transferred from FL to WN on the expiration date of the credit(s) being transferred to extend their expiration. Transfers from FL to WN occurring on any other day will not extend the expiration.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Gotcha.

For all those following along, the glitch in the matrix is the extension of the expiration date of credits. Credits must be transferred from FL to WN on the expiration date of the credit(s) being transferred to extend their expiration. Transfers from FL to WN occurring on any other day will not extend the expiration.
So breaking up the credit can't also be a quirk that produces the extension?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider
So breaking up the credit can't also be a quirk that produces the extension?
I'm not sure what you are asking.

On 2/16 you transferred the 4.5 credits from FL to WN. 2 of the credits had an expiration of 2/16, so they were renewed through the glitch. The other 2.5 credits did not renew because their expiration date was 2/22. On 2/22 you transferred the 2.5 credits from FL to WN, so they renewed through the glitch. Breaking up your 2/22 credits into 2 and 0.5 credit transfers show no signs of producing a different result.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure what you are asking.

On 2/16 you transferred the 4.5 credits from FL to WN. 2 of the credits had an expiration of 2/16, so they were renewed through the glitch. The other 2.5 credits did not renew because their expiration date was 2/22. On 2/22 you transferred the 2.5 credits from FL to WN, so they renewed through the glitch. Breaking up your 2/22 credits into 2 and 0.5 credit transfers show no signs of producing a different result.
The first transaction wasn't on the original 2014 expiration date.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Wingrider
The first transaction wasn't on the original 2014 expiration date.
What was their original 2014 expiration date?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

What was their original 2014 expiration date?
I wish I could recall, but I know I didn't move them on the 2.0 expiration date. I went in looking to bump the last standard award I had and it was gone. I had mistaken how many more days I had left before it expired. I took that moment to go ahead and move the 4.5 back from FL so I wouldn't forget and make the same mistake twice.

It wasn't on the day of the 2.0 expiration for those that I do remember.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.