http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/10/us/win...tml?hpt=hp_bn1

Nothing on Southwest dot com yet.

Delta posted this yesterday (Sunday 2-9):
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...r-Weather.html

Atlanta NWS:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ffc/
Old Feb 10, 14, 2:24 pm

On Facebook, Southwest rep Verity stated:

We are offering flexible accommodations to/from ATL and GSP for travel tomorrow and Wednesday. You should be able to change your reservations on our website.
Oddly there's still no official advisory on the website.
Old Feb 10, 14, 2:29 pm

They are making accomidations. My wife called and moved her flight tomorrow to today, just dropped her off at the airport. She'd rather be out of Atlanta than stuck.
Old Feb 10, 14, 4:35 pm

Advisory is finally up:

Winter Weather

Southwest Airlines is monitoring a storm system forecasted to bring wintry conditions to the South and Southeast over the next few days beginning Monday, February 10. As the winter weather conditions develop, there is a possibility that our scheduled flight service may be disrupted (delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled). Customers holding reservations for travel to/from/through the Cities listed below are eligible to reschedule their flight in accordance with our accommodation procedures:

Cities eligible for flexible accommodations through close of business Monday, February 10:

Amarillo (AMA)
Lubbock (LBB)
Oklahoma City (OKC)
Tulsa (TUL)
Branson (BKG)
Little Rock (LIT)
Memphis (MEM)

Cities eligible for flexible accommodations beginning 3pm CT Monday, February 10, thru 12pm CT Tuesday, February 11:

Dallas Love Field (DAL)
Jackson (JAN)
Birmingham (BHM)
Nashville (BNA)

Cities eligible for flexible accommodations Tuesday, February 11, and Wednesday, February 12:

Atlanta (ATL)
Charlotte (CLT)
Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP)
Raleigh-Durham (RDU)

Cities eligible for flexible accommodations beginning 7pm ET Tuesday, February 11, through 1pm ET Thursday, February 13:

Charleston (CHS)

Please click here to rebook your travel online.

Customers who did not purchase a ticket via southwest.com can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Service Representative.

For specific flight information, please check Flight Status Information.

Additionally, Customers holding reservations for a flight that is cancelled may request a refund for an unused ticket/travel itinerary.
Old Feb 10, 14, 9:02 pm

Programs: WN (though no longer exclusive thanks to RR 2.0), AA, UA
Hi all,
Quick question on rebooking: I'm flying MDW to LGA Thursday afternoon and am wondering if being checked in via early bird will affect my ability to rebook if needed. Obviously the forecasts are up in the air this far out.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 14, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by rosh325 View Post
Hi all,
Quick question on rebooking: I'm flying MDW to LGA Thursday afternoon and am wondering if being checked in via early bird will affect my ability to rebook if needed. Obviously the forecasts are up in the air this far out.

Thanks!
Being checked-in does not affect the ability to rebook.

I rebooked well inside 24 hours a couple of weeks ago. If you rebook on an earlier flight after being automatically assigned a boarding priority that priority may suffer. If you rebook a later flight outside the assignment window your priority should hold. It did for me a couple of weeks ago when I rebooked a later flight. However as with all things Southwest YMMV.
Old Feb 10, 14, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
Being checked-in does not affect the ability to rebook.

I rebooked well inside 24 hours a couple of weeks ago. If you rebook on an earlier flight after being automatically assigned a boarding priority that priority may suffer. If you rebook a later flight outside the assignment window your priority should hold. It did for me a couple of weeks ago when I rebooked a later flight. However as with all things Southwest YMMV.
Thanks Rsteinmetz

The way I see it, if I get bumped to Valentines day then at least there's a free drink on that flight
Old Feb 10, 14, 10:04 pm

Thanks Rsteinmetz

The way I see it, if I get bumped to Valentines day then at least there's a free drink on that flight
Keep in mind you may get rebooked to later. I rebooked a flight last week and could not get a seat on 2/14. I'm flying Saturday.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 11, 14, 7:30 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
I have family flying out of EWR on WN on the morning of 2/13. Has anyone had success changing flights without charge out of the Northeast? They're on WGA fares.
Old Feb 11, 14, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by AMflier View Post
I have family flying out of EWR on WN on the morning of 2/13. Has anyone had success changing flights without charge out of the Northeast? They're on WGA fares.
Unfortunately you will not be able to rebook w/o charge until WN implements a weather advisory for that area. At the moment their site is only mentioning the weather in the south.

The weather models appear to be all over the place so they are likely waiting for better guidance on what to expect. On the one hand I heard 10 inches of snow and on the other I heard it would go out to see and there would just be rain/sleet.
Old Feb 11, 14, 8:32 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Choice hotels primarily.
All you can do is continue to watch the weather advisories : http://www.southwest.com/html/adviso...070144837.html and hope your flight gets covered.
Old Feb 11, 14, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 View Post
All you can do is continue to watch the weather advisories : http://www.southwest.com/html/adviso...070144837.html and hope your flight gets covered.
The one for Atlanta yesterday was not posted until well after they began making accommodations. It may be worth it to call ahead and avoid the rush.
Old Feb 12, 14, 7:54 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
They added EWR to the list Wednesday morning and the flight was changed.
Old Feb 13, 14, 6:09 pm

Just reporting back:

As of last night and as of this morning at 6am my flight was still showing as on-time but come 9am it was cancelled. Totally what I get for taking a chance so I'm not complaining.

Maybe this is already a known issue, but I then tried to change my departure airport to Newark while keeping my return flight out of LGA. Worked just fine when I changed my gf's ticket as she was booked with two one-way tickets, but it wouldn't let me do my round trip change online. I had to call to speak to an agent since that can only be done on the phone and unfortunately in the 30 minutes it took to get someone on the phone, that flight sold out. So in the end, we're both rebooked for Saturday. Still good to know for future reference.

Of course, the downside argument about booking two one-way tickets: If I had wanted to I was eligible to change my return flight the following Tuesday since it was part of the original reservation. For my girlfriend, however, it wouldn't have been a free change.
Old Feb 13, 14, 6:28 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Choice hotels primarily.
Of course, the downside argument about booking two one-way tickets: If I had wanted to I was eligible to change my return flight the following Tuesday since it was part of the original reservation. For my girlfriend, however, it wouldn't have been a free change.
YMMV. I have successfully changed the back end of 2 one-ways when only the front end was included in the advisory. You need to get a CSR who understands the situation.

Search this Thread