Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Better Option: Buy 1k RR points or transfer 1K points from Chase UR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE

Planning a reward trip soon (TPA to MEM). Need a roughly a 1,000 RR points. Is it more cost effective to just buy the 1,000 RR directly from SWA ($27.50) or transfer them from my Chase UR account? Planning on using my Chase UR points to book a discounted return flight back.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Paying 2.75 cents for points worth 1.7 cents isn't a good deal on the math, but if it's only 1,000 points it's really up to you. Personally, I'd just use the UR points, especially if you're already transferring some to use on the return.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by soccerref750
Paying 2.75 cents for points worth 1.7 cents isn't a good deal on the math, but if it's only 1,000 points it's really up to you. Personally, I'd just use the UR points, especially if you're already transferring some to use on the return.
That's kinda what I was thinking. 2.75 cents / point seemed kind of high. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If you are hoping for WN Companion Pass points for 2014, you have to launder the UR through something like Hyatt or Marriott. Some folks need every CPQP they can get.

Otherwise, direct UR transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.