Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Check Stunner

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors
Pre Check Stunner

I like to say Delta is my wife and SWA is my girlfriend but I've been much more loyal to the old lady this year. In Baltimore today I received a PreCheck boarding pass and I did absolutely nothing to register or qualify...pleased but stunned.

I've become so accustomed to PreCheck with Delta that I didn't venture away. This SWA change may weigh into my decision making for upcoming travel. Today's flight is more than an hour delayed so that will also be evaluated....
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mrdonut
I like to say Delta is my wife and SWA is my girlfriend but I've been much more loyal to the old lady this year. In Baltimore today I received a PreCheck boarding pass and I did absolutely nothing to register or qualify...pleased but stunned.

I've become so accustomed to PreCheck with Delta that I didn't venture away. This SWA change may weigh into my decision making for upcoming travel. Today's flight is more than an hour delayed so that will also be evaluated....
Why would you be stunned? There are numerous reports of those who haven't opted-in receiving TSA PRE BPs.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I wonder if somehow the TSA has matched FFers from one airline program to another. If you have it with one, you have it with all.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:16 am

Same thing happened to me about 5 minutes ago at FLL. What a wonderful early morning surprise. Reminded me of the "olden days".
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: US Chairman, AA Plat Pro, HHonors Diamond, National Exec
I've got precheck though US Air (since the early days of the program). I am also A-list and A+. Is there a way to request SW and/or AirTran to bless me with pre?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:27 am

With Airtran No. They are not participating.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
I got PreCheck in Denver on Saturday.

While I have had a CP for years, and I had joined Clear years ago, I didn't pay a dime for this benefit.

Truly a great surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.