Community
Wiki Posts
Search

800-flowers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by NextTrip
Nice response. Don't know what else they could have done.
I would have appreciated being asked if I wanted a redelivery or a refund.

Since they are automatically redelivering, I would have liked to have been told when the rescheduled delivery timeframe is, (or perhaps provided a link so I had a way to track it) so I could let my mom know when to expect it. She lives alone, and spends time at my sister's house two days a week. Logging into my account shows nothing but the original order.

I would have liked an acknowledgement that the replacement would be larger than the original one, since one issue was that the original was much smaller than represented online.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:57 am

can someone verify this?

I think it is the date when the points are posted really matter. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

Originally Posted by expert7700
Each order did get 1750 points.

The problem with the above plan is that each order posted and listed the original order date from 1800flowers (not delivery date)

in the past (credit card or other partner points, Southwest has applied the CPQP on the date (year) earned rather than the date (year) they posted.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
I would have appreciated being asked if I wanted a redelivery or a refund.

Since they are automatically redelivering, I would have liked to have been told when the rescheduled delivery timeframe is, (or perhaps provided a link so I had a way to track it) so I could let my mom know when to expect it. She lives alone, and spends time at my sister's house two days a week. Logging into my account shows nothing but the original order.

I would have liked an acknowledgement that the replacement would be larger than the original one, since one issue was that the original was much smaller than represented online.
If those are the things you wanted, you should have told them. They can't read your mind.

Last edited by NextTrip; Dec 17, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by NextTrip
If those are the things you wanted you wanted, you should have told them. They can't read your mind.
They would't need to read my mind, just follow instructions. When I contacted them through their website message option, I asked to be contacted regarding the issue, and provided my phone number (as well as email address).

Since they choose to automatically re-deliver, I don't think it's a huge step to provide information about when that delivery is scheduled. (As of this writing it hasn't happened yet, and in order to find out I'll apparently need to contact them again.)

I'm not surprised that they didn't acknowledge that one issue could be misrepresentation of the item online. If/when the replacement arrives we'll see if that's actually the case.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:28 pm

Update: Spoke with mom, replacement was delivered today. On the upside, she says this one looks healthy. On the downside, she says its the same size as the previous one. In her words, the pot is "the size of a coffee cup," and the plant itself is "less than a foot tall." She says it's in a plastic pot covered with foil.

The description of the item I ordered is "Fresh poinsettia with gorgeous multiple blooms arrives hand-delivered in a basket planter; type of basket may vary based on local availability, planter measures 6" diameter; plant measures overall approximately 16"H."

I'm just gonna let his one go. When I'm home next week I'll pickup a nice big poinsettia somewhere and hand deliver it.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:32 am

If someone ordered in late November, can you let me know from looking at your account did the points post in December or November?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Ordered some flowers today from 800Flowers. Hoping the RR points post sooner than later. Trying to cash in some points for a mid-february trip to go see my grandparents. Also used my Amex to the get $15 back after $50
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Also used my Amex to the get $15 back after $50
Thanks for the tip! Do you know if shipping counts towards the $50 required? (the terms doesn't exclude it, so I assume it does count).
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
another 'fabulous' order received today for my kids teachers.

one box of smashed and broken chocolate covered pretzels - delivered

second box - delayed by UPS (subject to 1 more day of mishandling)
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Thanks for the tip! Do you know if shipping counts towards the $50 required? (the terms doesn't exclude it, so I assume it does count).
Yep. I believe so. Bought a $40 bouquet for my wife. After tax and the S&H fee, it was roughly $60. Just checked my Amex this morning and the $15 credit had been applied.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:54 pm

Anyone know if this is stackable with Ebates?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:55 pm

Yep. I believe so. Bought a $40 bouquet for my wife. After tax and the S&H fee, it was roughly $60. Just checked my Amex this morning and the $15 credit had been applied.
Great! But Amex credit is slower for me. Still waiting on credit for something purchased 25 days ago!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
I will never use 800-flowers. Last year i made 4 separate purchases form them to get 4 bonus points. They combines them all into 1 so i only got 1 set of bonus points, and then they messed up the other 3 deliveries. Worst customer service as well. I would have rather been transferred to someone in India than deal with they CS team.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:42 pm

Just a tip for those using 1-800-Flowers who are more used to using Teleflora. The flowers and gifts actually delivered by 1-800-Flowers (those delivered in boxes) are completely useless, mostly dead, and sometimes late. Usually, the flowers that are delivered in a vase (those delivered by local florists) are much better.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:39 am

Ordered some flowers today from 800Flowers. Hoping the RR points post sooner than later. Trying to cash in some points for a mid-february trip to go see my grandparents. Also used my Amex to the get $15 back after $50
Just checked my RR account and saw the points posted on 12/24 for my flowers ordered on 12/18. That was quick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.