Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas C to D Gates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
I must be a pie-head because I'm confused. I'll need to check my bags with WN in T1, clear security in T1 and head to the UA Club near D35 in T3. How exactly to I get to and from the UA Club while staying airside?
One thing to remember: Concourse D is not in T3. T3 houses the E gates. But D is connected by tram to both T1 and T3.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Mama
I suspect airport design this on purpose.
Southwest is a big player at LAS and they don't want their passengers to have access to legacy airlines facilities.
Why would Southwest possibly care if you had access to a legacy airline's lounge, especially to the extent that they'd dictate airport architecture to make it difficult?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:08 pm

The airport did this ON PURPOSE. If there is a security breach, they only have to dump one concourse and not two. In fact, the wall did not used to be there. Its "new".
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
Update

Today (June 26th) the magic door was wide open. No need to ask TSA to open

Makes getting from C to D quiet simple
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bosbjg
Today (June 26th) the magic door was wide open. No need to ask TSA to open

Makes getting from C to D quiet simple
I think it's always open now because only the C side has a Pre-Check/First Class line.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:49 pm

Yes, the doors were removed (or are kept permanently open) since last year some time.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:01 pm

Yes, you can now go from any gates to any gates at McCarran without having to go thru security again. This includes being able to now go from T1 to T3 or vice versa.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:07 am

LAS is somewhat of a mess at the moment, especially as it relates to Southwest. The curbside baggage drop off is about half the usual size, access from there to the C gate entrance is difficult, and the baggage claim area has been undergoing construction for months.

The escalators at the end of the moving sidewalks leading away from the C gate tram are currently closed -- you have to walk past that and on to the set that's in the middle of the gate areas in order to access bag claim.

The other night I waited 45 minutes at a carousel that had listed my flight along with something like 6-7 others for bags. Many carousels are closed and roped off.

A flight number from SFO turned blue on the display and bags started being unloaded, but after some time with no passengers taking them off, I looked closer at a bag and noticed it was from a completely different flight that wasn't even listed on the board.

At some point, two of the other flights listed changed to yellow, with a note that they had been moved to another carousel. Eventually, I happened to notice my bag on an adjacent carousel, and realized our flight was actually being unloaded there, not the carousel it was (still) being shown on. I grabbed my bag and tried to let people from my flight know what was going on. It was a complete cluster.

Parts of the check-in area are walled off as well, and some of the entry/exit doors blocked.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Any recent data points on getting from B and C gates to D? Have an upcoming WN flight and would like to stop by the Centurion Lounge at D1. Are the doors still open, i.e. no additional TSA screening needed, so one can hop the train from B/C to D and easily head for the shops/lounge? Much obliged!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The door between the C/D trains pretty much has to remain open at all times as it is the only way for PreCheck users to access the D gates. (I suppose it could close if PreCheck were closed but I don't know if that ever happens)
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
The door between the C/D trains pretty much has to remain open at all times as it is the only way for PreCheck users to access the D gates. (I suppose it could close if PreCheck were closed but I don't know if that ever happens)
Thanks for confirming! I haven't been in a year or so, since we used to have to (nicely) ask a TSA agent to open the doors going from C to D, and vice versa.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:43 pm

Confirming when I was there about 2 months ago the door was open
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:18 pm

At LAS you can now get from any concourse to any concourse, A thru E without having to go back thru security. That didn't used to be true but now the door is open between C and D and has been every time I have been there for about the last 9 months.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by dburns
Confirming when I was there about 2 months ago the door was open
Originally Posted by scott_w
At LAS you can now get from any concourse to any concourse, A thru E without having to go back thru security. That didn't used to be true but now the door is open between C and D and has been every time I have been there for about the last 9 months.
This is great news, thanks! ^
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by scott_w
How do you make this transfer when arriving into LAS? Arriving from WN into assuming Gate C and need to go to D for Centurion Lounge. Is this same door available to those arriving by tram and if so where exactly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.