Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Where do Southwest checkpoints have PreCheck?

Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steved5480
AUS: has one now right next to the SWA priority lane.

BNA: Left side near wall on C side nearest WN counter.

BWI: is at the Term A entrance. Clearly marked next to the regular entrance.

BUR: Far left side on entry and a separate X-Ray/walk through station past the main TSA inspection area. When closed, give red card but still have to pull the laptops.

CAK: Main checkpoint

CLE: well marked, South checkpoint (by Concourse C), last lane on the left.
-If you don't need to check bags or get a boarding pass, enter through the United doors and you'll be right at the checkpoint
- The "middle checkpoint" (by Concourse B) now has Pre, clearly marked, the lane is on the left.

DEN: has several lanes allocated to Pre and there is plenty of signage

ELP: far left lane once you come up the escalator

GEG: Has it and it's well marked.

HOU: has four lines, from Left to Right: TSA Pre | General | Employee| Priority |

LAS: far right lane at main C gate checkpoint

LAX: WN shares terminal 1 with US and has Precheck

LGA: If you have PreChk, the TSA person will give you a large (like 8x10), red, laminated card that allows you to get the expedited screening while in the regular line. Keep on your shoes, laptops in the bag, etc and walk through the WTMD, same as the dedicated PC lines. Pretty quick & easy.

MCI: Update 1-17-2014: Pre-Check has been relocated to the gates 37-45 checkpoint (to your left as you face the ticket counters). The Pre Line is all of the way to the right of the Ketttle lines, against the glass. The premium line (A/A+) has been relocated to the other side of the CP entrance (beneath the flight status monitors) where it had been several months ago. The premium line merges with the Kettle lines as in the past; you can't currently go thru the premium ID check line & jump to the Pre lane. The checkpoint at gates 32-34 (along with the walk-thru to the higher numbered gates) is still open & still has premium bypass, although no Pre-Check.

MCO: now on the far right. But be prepared for a long wait as TSA is allowing all preboards to use PC. The FlyBy lane is your better choice and is 10 feet to the left of PC.

MDW: Very far right, same lane as Fly By.

MKE: To the left of the main security line at concourse C

MSP: has pre-check on the far right checkpoint (Checkpoint 1) near gates H9 & H10 in Terminal 2. When closed, Checkpoint 2 will scan the BP and highlight the "TSA PRE" designation on the BP. Remove laptop, show BP to agent, and go through WTMD.

OAK: One checkpoint for all of T2 (many carriers). Need confirmation -- precheck or not?

OKC: Two checkpoints for all carriers.

PDX: ABC checkpoint. The D/E checkpoint is a good one to use in the evenings as the ABC one can get quite busy.

PHL: D/E Checkpoint, dedicated far right lane.

PHX: Both the C and D checkpoints have it. Your hands get swabbed at C . D looked like there was no hand swabbing. Shorter lines usually exist at D anyway. closes around 730p unless it's super busy, according to the TSA. If you're cleared and PreCheck is closed, you get the PreCheck light treatment.

PIT: well marked, screening area on main level furthest lane to the left

RDU: is on the left of the waiting maze in Term 1.

ROC: is hard to miss, however it's only open during "peak" hours which only coincide with about 50% of the scheduled WN departure times currently.

RIC well marked, far right lane

SAN: WN has 2 exclusive checkpoints in T1; gates 1,1a,2 and gates 3-10. Gate areas do not interconnect after security. (Precheck is available in the other terminal, but there's no interconnection.) The checkpoint for 3-10 has a separate line that combines A-list and PreCheck; the TSA before the TDC sorts you to the right-hand TDC if you have PreCheck, who then funnels you to the rightmost lane, which is a WTMD only. closes at 9p. They give you a card that says "PreCheck" and you get the PreCheck light treatment.Still need info about 1, 1a, 2 checkpoint.

SAT: (both terminals) for Terminal A it's to the far right and the entrance is BEFORE the standard line for security (which is full today). Same as Clear line. Terminal B it is to the far left.

SEA: Checkpoints 3 and 4 have it.

SFO: WN, AS & US share T1 area B. connected airside. PreCheck is located by the employee cafeteria on the right side of the checkpoint. A line monitor scans your BP before directing you to the correct lane.

SJC: is in operation (for all of terminal B). 1 checkpoint for the entire terminal. Does seem to be intermittent in the mornings so far (12/16/2013)

SJU: Well-marked at the far left against the glass at the C concourse security CP, guarded by a dedicated ID-checker. There is also a dedicated Pre line at the D concourse CP. In the event one or the other Pre lines aren't staffed, there is a walkway connecting the C & D concourses post-security. (1-21-2014)

SMF: have their own doc check in the pre-check line on the far left. Just head over there after getting off the inter-terminal train - no need to go through the central podium.

SNA: Last time I was there the two checkpoints in the "old" terminal have it. It's more convenient to the rental cars anyway to use the CP next to AA and Alaska.

TUL: Far left side with separate entrance and document check
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.

(Thought I'd start a distinct thread for airport-specific checkpoint info; discussion of WN implementing the IT side is in a big preexisting thread here.)

(I'm not flying for a few days yet, so I don't have firsthand reports, but I'm especially curious about SAN , SFO, OAK, and OKC.)

If you find PreCheck in operation for a Southwest-served terminal/pier/area, please report it.

SAN: WN has 2 exclusive checkpoints in T1; gates 1,1a,2 and gates 3-10. Gate areas do not interconnect after security. (Precheck is available in the other terminal, but there's no interconnection.)

SFO: WN and AS share T1 area B. Gate areas do not interconnect after security. (I think.)

OAK: One checkpoint for all of T2 (many carriers).

OKC: Two checkpoints for all carriers.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
(Shoot -- had been through the other thread writing a summary with deep links to specific reports and lost the draft. Don't usually smiley, but: )

IIRC, MDW, HOU, LAS, OAK, STL all mentioned as working or nearly-working.

[reserved]

Last edited by lairdb; Nov 15, 2013 at 11:36 am
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
HOU has four lines, from Left to Right:

TSA Pre | General | Employee| Priority |
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:46 pm

ROC is hard to miss, however it's only open during "peak" hours which only coincide with about 50% of the scheduled WN departure times currently.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
We need to create a master PreCheck thread with this info. Maybe stick it in the Wiki?

Anyway, SFO has it on the right side, by the employee cafeteria.

PDX: ABC checkpoint. The D/E checkpoint is a good one to use in the evenings as the ABC one can get quite busy.

PHX: Both the C and D checkpoints have it. Your hands get swabbed at C . D looked like there was no hand swabbing. Shorter lines usually exist at D anyway.

SEA: Checkpoints 3 and 4 have it.

GEG: Has it and it's well marked.

SNA: Last time I was there the two checkpoints in the "old" terminal have it. It's more convenient to the rental cars anyway to use the CP next to AA and Alaska.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
PIT - well marked, screening area on main level furthest lane to the left

CLE - well marked, furthest lane to the left
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
We need to create a master PreCheck thread with this info. Maybe stick it in the Wiki?
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the OP's post. I've started a wikipost.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
ABC and DE both have PreCheck, don't they? DE is just limited (morning) hours?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
BNA, C side close to WN counter, lane is next to the left wall. Elite (Fly-By) is next to right wall.

There is probably one over on the A/B side as well but I don't go over there. They lead to the same security check point.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
ABC and DE both have PreCheck, don't they? DE is just limited (morning) hours?
Both CPs have it. No limitations on hours that I've seen. I've gone through the DE PreCheck line at 7p the last two Fridays...
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: AA G; DL G
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
There is probably one over on the A/B side as well but I don't go over there. They lead to the same security check point.
The A/B side does not have one.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I updated SFO, i haven't used it since it went live so not sure of signage. WN shares Terminal 1 tier B along with AS, US and a few UA flights. All gates are connected.

I added LAX as well as terminal 1 is a mix of WN and US connected after security

Last edited by CDKing; Nov 16, 2013 at 7:53 am
Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
DEN has several lanes allocated to Pre and there is plenty of signage. The WN agent that checked me in handed me an info card on how Pre works. Still no opt-in email though...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:25 pm

MSP

MSP has pre-check on the far right checkpoint near gates H7 & H8 in Terminal 2, or for us old timers, the Humphrey Terminal.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:46 pm

MCO Left hand side, well marked

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.