Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nationwide Double Points - 10/14/13 to 11/21/13

Nationwide Double Points - 10/14/13 to 11/21/13

Old Oct 14, 13, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
These promos are amazing for A Preferred. You basically get a free ticket on a MDW-MSP flight.
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:17 pm

This illustrates the desirability of booking one-ways, but my wife booked a round trip when required under the Halloween promotion. Now the outbound date is close and the fare has gone up, so she wouldn't touch that, but on the return, changing it by a day would give both a lower fare and double points. Do you think we could cancel the return and do a new booking on this? The leg to be cancelled would be the 10/31 one that was discounted if the RT was booked. I guess we can just try and make sure that the amount to be credited back in TTF is what we paid for that leg.
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:33 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by rove312 View Post
Do you think we could cancel the return and do a new booking on this?
No, you can only modify the return portion of an existing roundtrip which, of course, won't yield you the double points. For a R/T reservation you need to cancel the whole thing and rebook to get the double points. For WGA fares the double points might not work out to that much. Maybe an additional 3-4k points IME. Where the double points really add up is on AT/BS fares. Frankly, I only really get excited about double TQP promos anymore.
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:43 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OC_Matt View Post
Stack this with the SJU tripple points for 4x or 5x for A+. My math says 5x = 100% rebate. LAX-SJU BS r/t for $1476.40 ($1448.40 base fare) will net an A+ 86905 points. That's $1448.42 base fare @ 60 points per $.

Amazing free trip for me and my CP!
I'm thinking the same. But there's always the risk that the promos don't stack, even though they have in the past. I got the SJU thing. Was it targeted or for everyone.

And these kinds of things are hard to keep going indefinitely. I already have a sizable RR balance and not enough natural WN spend to deplete it.
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by OC_Matt View Post
Stack this with the SJU tripple points for 4x or 5x for A+. My math says 5x = 100% rebate. LAX-SJU BS r/t for $1476.40 ($1448.40 base fare) will net an A+ 86905 points. That's $1448.42 base fare @ 60 points per $.

Amazing free trip for me and my CP!
You got me thinking. I need 87k more WN points like I need a hole in my head, but....
WGA 388/rt. SFO Receive 12k points. A+, CP. 2 people for less than 99/each RT.....not free. But great value
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:34 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List/CP, Marriott/Ritz/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by poser View Post
The flights I have booked during the promo are all on super cheap WGA fares.. if I change I will pay a lot more.. might be worth it if they were TQP=/
Same here. I'd rebook one of my flights if this were a TQP promotion. I'm about 18K points away from A-List Preferred and one roundtrip under BS with this promotion would get me there.
Old Oct 14, 13, 8:29 pm

Programs: EMT-P
I looked at rebooking after signing up for this offer but the fares went up dramatically. My PHL-LAX on 10/24 was booked at $180 and is now $310; I booked the return on points for 10/26 and that did the same (9,480 vs. 17,280).

Guess they don't mind giving away 2x the points if you spend 2x the $$$.
Old Oct 14, 13, 10:34 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
These promos are only really attractive in the context of BS or AT fares with high rebates due to stacking. Just getting 20% instead of 10% for a WGA fare as a regular member isn't that great unless you have to travel anyway. WGA fares fluctuate that much from week to week anyway.
Old Oct 14, 13, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
I booked online earlier today...

Then hit the register button...

Travel is next week.

Will I be OK? Or do I need to X and rebook?

*** Update: Just re-read. It seems that you have to register before commencement of travel. Not register before booking the travel.

Last edited by ohange; Oct 14, 13 at 11:48 pm Reason: Updated info.
Old Oct 15, 13, 9:30 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Wahoo have a flight Nov 2 good thing I book one way, I signed up yesterday today was showing same price as I booked so I canceled the ticket they rebooked no charges either way but an extra 660 pts

I havbe a question though, why does it always say estimated points?
Old Oct 15, 13, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by john398 View Post
Wahoo have a flight Nov 2 good thing I book one way, I signed up yesterday today was showing same price as I booked so I canceled the ticket they rebooked no charges either way but an extra 660 pts

I havbe a question though, why does it always say estimated points?
I believe it says "estimated points" as it doesn't calculate any promo or tier status at booking...
Old Oct 15, 13, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by antinseattle View Post
I believe it says "estimated points" as it doesn't calculate any promo or tier status at booking...
ok got it, I just thought they may not know how many points it was and from Dallas since we have to make a stop somewhere seems like I get more miles going than coming
Old Oct 15, 13, 11:21 am

Points are based on fare paid, not flight length.
Old Oct 15, 13, 11:24 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
Wishful thinking here... If only promo multipliers were compound...
Old Oct 16, 13, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Points are based on fare paid, not flight length.
Opps I just realized that thanks for heads up, I rebooked again today the Nov 2 flight because was $40 cheaper LAS-DAL $84 thats hard to beat

Search this Thread
Search Engine: