Wiki Posts
Search

T&Cs for WN GCs at Safeway

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
T&Cs for WN GCs at Safeway

Even though I live by BWI, I'm a stranger to WN except for the occasional BWI-ALB flight. I just learned I have a conference close to MDW in May, making WN the best bet.

I'm wondering if the WN GCs sold at Safeway have any nasty T&Cs once entered that would make an easy ~$350 GC purchase decision (at 4x gas points for Safeway-vended GCs and 2x miles with CC) not worth it. I assume they can be used for all fares (Wanna Get Away, etc) for all WN routes / destinations.

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
all fares, all destinations.

if booking a WGA fare, no real difference (except ticket does offer a refund if you change your mind within 24hrs of booking)

if booking a full or business select fare, it is not refundable (funds are locked into the passenger name, unlike a credit card booking)
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:38 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Just be aware that WN gift cards sold in stores are issued by a third party vendor InComm, not Southwest Airlines. I purchased a card that was defective and neither Southwest, InComm, or the supermarket would accept responsibility for the problem.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Tanic
Just be aware that WN gift cards sold in stores are issued by a third party vendor InComm, not Southwest Airlines. I purchased a card that was defective and neither Southwest, InComm, or the supermarket would accept responsibility for the problem.
If you paid with a credit card, request a charge back. It'll motivate someone at the supermarket to find out what happened.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If you are sure you won't cancel (or if you do will fly again within a year), I'd say its worth doing.

4x fuel points are definitely worth something.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
We did this a coupe years ago. Worked out great with the fuel points program. (Mine were not double, but wow- what a deal there...)

My supermarket does $0.20 off per gallon per $50 spent for a fill-up of 30 gallons.

We bought like $800 for r/t for 5 of us. Worked out exactly as expected. That's just shy of $100 in free gas.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all.

Looks like there's nothing to worry about. I may press my luck and wait for another promo and stack it.

OT: If there's a problem, I've learned that BBB is the best ally: "name and shame" works much better than the CC charge back routine. The latter, as I am sure folks here know, does not prevent the merchant from countering by involving a collection agency to claw back funds.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Thanks, all.

Looks like there's nothing to worry about. I may press my luck and wait for another promo and stack it.

OT: If there's a problem, I've learned that BBB is the best ally: "name and shame" works much better than the CC charge back routine. The latter, as I am sure folks here know, does not prevent the merchant from countering by involving a collection agency to claw back funds.
BBB? Joking, right? Possibly one of the most ineffective organizations in existence.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
BBB? Joking, right? Possibly one of the most ineffective organizations in existence.
No joke. For example, any time Cartera acts up, its a BBB complaint against the merchant (not Cartera). I'm batting 1.000 with that technique. Seems excessive, but I got sick of chasing down legitimately earned miles and points with an endless stream of emails.

OTOH, I reserve the use of charge backs for "I never bought that" vice merchants' "creative" interpretation of T&Cs or, simply, when the merchant doesn't deliver as promised.

...and as someone who works in DC, I assure you BBB is not even in the top 10 of the most ineffective organizations...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.