Wiki Posts
Search

Early Bird Check In

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Early Bird Check In

I don't usually fly SW but we have an upcoming trip that was arranged by my mother in law. I purchased early bird check in for both the outbound and the return flights.

On the outbound flight, how early can I print our boarding passes?

For the return we will be flying out the same day we return from a cruise. I don't think that we will be able to print our boarding passes until we get to the airport. Will waiting to print out our passes change anything?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
24 hours prior.

Nothing should be changed by waiting if you have EBCI.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
The purpose of the early boarding is that you don't have to check in at 24 hrs.

When you print them at the airport it will not somehow change the number.

You will likely get an A boarding group.

A1-15 are BS
A16-60 ...the lower numbers are usually for frequent flyers status people. The latter are the ones like you who pay.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:53 am

You can choose to print your boarding passes at home, within 24 hours of check-in, or you may wait to have them printed at the airport. The great thing about Early Bird Check In is that SWA automatically checks you in 36 hours in advance. As with the re-printing of ANY SWA Boarding Pass, once you are checked-in, your Boarding Position never changes - it's already assigned to you, as a Seat Assignment might be with another airline.

Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by KCflyer75
You can choose to print your boarding passes at home, within 24 hours of check-in, or you may wait to have them printed at the airport. The great thing about Early Bird Check In is that SWA automatically checks you in 36 hours in advance. As with the re-printing of ANY SWA Boarding Pass, once you are checked-in, your Boarding Position never changes - it's already assigned to you, as a Seat Assignment might be with another airline.

Will I get an email notification at T-36 that I am checked in, or do I just log on later and print the BP?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: LTP, PP
That latter - or just do at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.