Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing ticketless travel funds

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
Disappearing ticketless travel funds

I have several PNRs for ticketless travel funds which I believe aren't due to expire until next year. However, when I tried to use them today gave me a long error message, along the lines of not being able to find them in the system. I swear I haven't used them yet and they should be valid. Happened to me otp with a different PNR last week too.

Isn't there a hidden page to look up PNRs for TTF? if I call WN can they lookup to see how/when these TTF were allegedly used?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:49 pm

If that doesn't yield anything, call WN. If the regular 1-800 CS folks can't help, call the Dallas CS group at 214-932-0333.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by texashoser

If that doesn't yield anything, call WN. If the regular 1-800 CS folks can't help, call the Dallas CS group at 214-932-0333.
And have the credit card handy that you used to buy the ticket originally.

If you have your old emails from Southwest concerning the original purchase(s) and cancellation(s), you can often find this info pretty easily. Search separately for "cancellation," "ticketless," and "tkls". The latter seems to be on my latest cancellation emails.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Aug 27, 2013 at 1:04 pm
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I can't recall of the top of my head if there is a way to see your flight history if you have an account with them attached to the tcketmaster purchased.

Recently I called to dig out some of these old residual confirmation numbers with some money attached. It helped greatly that I have a ff acct.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:40 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by pavemental
I have several PNRs for ticketless travel funds which I believe aren't due to expire until next year. However, when I tried to use them today gave me a long error message, along the lines of not being able to find them in the system. I swear I haven't used them yet and they should be valid. Happened to me otp with a different PNR last week too.
IIRC small TTF's can be archived after several months even though they have not expired. You then have to phone Southwest to reanimate them. This is weird at best.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
I had about 1/2 dozen TTFs of $1 each disappear. Did not seem worth pursuing the matter, but was an irritation nevertheless.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
Thanks for the input everyone. A call to customer service did indeed reveal what had happened to the funds. (I'd used them but forgotten to update my personal records) With a bit of patience they were able to dig up the info on which flights the funds had gone towards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.