Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best way to get 4900 points for Companion Pass?

Best way to get 4900 points for Companion Pass?

Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:28 am

If you need them stat then fly. You can transfer points from a partner program, but depending on which one the points may show up in a day or a month.

Need 'em quick, then fly.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Far too many
Originally Posted by 1150A
Hi All,
New here. I'm planning for a trip to a Vegas for Labor Day and noticed that I'm only 4900 points away from a companion pass. Any suggestions on how I should go about getting these points in the shortest amount of time?

The sooner I can get my companion pass the better as I still need to buy my tickets and it's already getting a bit late.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure if this matters at all, but I'm a Rapid Rewards/Rapid Rewards Plus member.. which is how I acquired the 100k points.
Here is how some are approaching this problem:

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/07/maxi...it-card-spend/
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:16 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Fly to MKE or DEN soon on a Biz Select fare of $425 or so. Pay with a WN credit card. Get back 60% of the fare in RR points.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Fly to MKE or DEN soon on a Biz Select fare of $425 or so. Pay with a WN credit card. Get back 60% of the fare in RR points.
Do points earned by the Chase Visa card when purchasing travel/hotel/rental cars count towards CP? I know the 55k bonus points have counted thus far as well as when you buy/earn points and then manually transfer/convert them.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:28 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
All points earned from spend on the Chase WN cards count towards the CP. However, I was referring to the current 2x points bonus for purchasing flights with the Chase card. You would actually get another 2 points per $1 for the fare paid, on top of all the RR bonuses.

If you're really in a hurry and don't want to fly, go manufacture 5k spend on your Chase RR card. If your statement closes soon you'll likely have the points in time to use the CP for your Labor Day trip.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Travelergcp
However, I was referring to the current 2x points bonus for purchasing flights with the Chase card. You would actually get another 2 points per $1 for the fare paid, on top of all the RR bonuses.
Unfortunately, I never got that promotion.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by texashoser
Do points earned by the Chase Visa card when purchasing travel/hotel/rental cars count towards CP? I know the 55k bonus points have counted thus far as well as when you buy/earn points and then manually transfer/convert them.
Normally, the first 600 bonus on rental cars and hotels are CPQPs. Plus WN Visa expenditures with partners get 2x, also CPQPs.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Normally, the first 600 bonus on rental cars and hotels are CPQPs. Plus WN Visa expenditures with partners get 2x, also CPQPs.
Is all spending on the card (1x for 'normal' purchases, 2x for WN travel and partners) CPQ'ing?

NM: It does according to Travel.

Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by texashoser
Is all spending on the card (1x for 'normal' purchases, 2x for WN travel and partners) CPQ'ing?
Yes, definitely. Plus if you go through the WN Shopping Mall it's CPQPing. This was incredibly lucrative on several occasions some months ago.

6x at Staples through the Mall today.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Yes, definitely. Plus if you go through the WN Shopping Mall it's CPQPing. This was incredibly lucrative on several occasions some months ago.

6x at Staples through the Mall today.
Excellent. Just got a new card and have already spent the $2k to get the 50k points. Had a RR Visa years ago but thought I would get another and use it to purchase travel, cars, hotels, etc, for the 2x points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.