Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stunningly positive web site change re: Award seat searches

Stunningly positive web site change re: Award seat searches

Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Working fine for me. ^
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
Clarification. If one clicks on that Advanced Search link without having first run an award flight search, it only allows for dollar or point results. The way to multi-pax search from the get go is to start from a fresh browser session, login, click the link in the first post, click "Standard Award Availability", click "Advanced Search", enter city pair, dates, and number of pax. After selecting the available flight dates and seeing the available times, if one clicks on "Additional Search Options", it will have "1 Adult ages 2+" greyed out, so it would seem that it is only searching for one pax, but in actuality it is searching for however many were specified on the previous screens, so it can be ignored.
Which browser are you using?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Which browser are you using?
I used both firefox and chrome.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:03 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

Working again for me.

UA Fan, can you tell us exactly what difficulty you are encountering?

BTW, another approach is to use the fare type workaround from this post. Starting with a multi-pax fare search and using the fareType trick to switch to viewing Award availability should work. (Apologies, but my situation at the moment isn't conducive for reconfirming this approach.)
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by ftnoob
BTW, another approach is to use the fare type workaround from this post. Starting with a multi-pax fare search and using the fareType trick to switch to viewing Award availability should work. (Apologies, but my situation at the moment isn't conducive for reconfirming this approach.)
This approach does not work for an account having no awards.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:48 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

Thanks for checking that for me. Combined with the expiry date glitch noted earlier, it seems the unwinding of the Has Award / Does Not Have Award distinctiin is not quite complete.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
I have transfered Airtran credits to WN this morning and they still don't show up. How long does it take?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by al613
I have transferred Airtran credits to WN this morning and they still don't show up. How long does it take?
It should be almost instant but, I usually need to log out of RR my account and back in to see them.

If logging out and back in doesn't work check the Airtran site to make sure they did get transferred and call Customer Service.

I ran into a glitch a little while ago where somehow an ancient account got reactivated and my credits sent there by mistake.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
It should be almost instant but, I usually need to log out of RR my account and back in to see them.

If logging out and back in doesn't work check the Airtran site to make sure they did get transferred and call Customer Service.

I ran into a glitch a little while ago where somehow an ancient account got reactivated and my credits sent there by mistake.
Thanks. I will call them.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftnoob
I was amazed this weekend to see an active "Award Availability" link on the certificates page of an account with no bookable Standard (or Transition) Awards.

I almost fainted when, after viewing the fully functional SeatFinder calendar in that account, on the next screen I was then able to see the holy grail:

Flight level Award seat availability in an account with no Awards!

Both Standard and Freedom Award availability were shown. I've just confirmed the same functionality still exists in a different account with no available Award. As far as I can tell at this point, these features have not been enabled for users who are not logged in to MySouthwest......
The only way I can get this to appear is to open my SWA acct. and come back here & click the link. What am I doing wrong?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
The only way I can get this to appear is to open my SWA acct. and come back here & click the link. What am I doing wrong?
I think you need on click on the "Where are my old awards?" on the first page after you log in before it comes up.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I think you need on click on the "Where are my old awards?" on the first page after you log in before it comes up.
Well, it does work now. Thanks!!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: status-less.
Stunningly useless operation today, apparently dependent upon whether you have Awards in your account or not.

Logged in to my account that has two transition Standard awards recently created from the AirTran two-step, and looked for a one-way flight in March 2014, well before the award expiry, and got this:

Tried selecting many dates only to find no availability on any flight on that date. Eventually tried logging out and logging in using my wife's account that has no Awards of any form, and got this:

The dates I couldn't book from my account match with the 'unavailable' as seen from my wife's account.

A secondary data point is that the calendar, when viewed from the account with the Awards available, has no selector for Freedom vs. Standard available; when using the account with no Awards, that selector appears but doesn't work. It seems to be defaulting to the Freedom award chart and not giving the option to show Standard availability when viewed from an account with Awards to use. Using Firefox 25.0 on a Win Xp machine.

Seems the current mode of operation is now search for availability with an account without Awards, then hope that persists while you log out and back in to the account with Awards.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:37 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jtaft
Seems the current mode of operation is now search for availability with an account without Awards, then hope that persists while you log out and back in to the account with Awards.
Yes, that's the workaround. It's been that way since this capability was added. A minor price to pay for this valuable functionality. Heck, for all we know this whole thing might have been an accidental enhancement.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:51 am

Totally weird occurrence last evening.

I was looking to book a flight with awards. Logged into my account (no awards) date shows no awards available. Log into my wife's account (2 awards available) showed no awards available on date. Attempted to book flight anyway and it worked. Awards were available and I booked both of us without incident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.