Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Scary! Reservations showing up in my cart that aren't mine!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

Fooling around on the WN website this morning and discovered a potentially dangerous and terrifying glitch.

Under "Air" I clicked on "View Fares on a Map" (lower right) and set some dates. When the fare prices pop up over a city (e.g., $158 RT to BNA) I clicked on the fare (i.e. the little blue bubble over the city) and then on "View Flights and Book."

The regular flight and fare calendars come up, but get this -

SOMEONE ELSE'S RESERVATION IS NOW IN MY CART.

I've done this four separate times and four different (completely random) flights have shown up in my cart - ISP->FLL, ABQ->DAL, GEG->SMF, etc. Flights I would never, ever take (I only fly in and out of CMH).

Car reservations are showing up too. When I click on "Checkout" (just to see what happens) someone else's email address is there with my name and RR #.

This is horrifying. Other flyer's reservations are getting put into my cart. Fortunately, none of my RR points have disappeared (yet). I freaked out when the first ABQ->DAL flight showed up because I thought I was hacked (and immediately changed my password).

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm really worried and thinking about calling WN about this immediately.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:59 am

I saw something that seemed similar a couple of minutes ago but can't reproduce it now.

Update: It just happened to me, it seems to happen sometimes when selecting cities on the low far map and then going to the flight selection page. I now have it showing for CRP->DAL flights.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Some site/session identifier must be broken. Might be worth getting screenshots and submitting them with the entire top URL with all the gibberish at the end of the links.

in the good old days you could cancel the other person's flights and reuse the funds (kidding!)
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:14 am

OP's instructions worked for me in reproducing it. 2 people headed from IND to SJU in October. Someone's phone number popped up in the how should we contact you field as well. If I were a burglar, that info could be useful I suppose.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:23 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Yikes-- I've been able to replicate several times; each time a different itinerary gets added to my cart and I can see either the passenger's phone number or e-mail address in the contact me section.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:42 am

I'm able to reproduce the bizarre random flights in cart issue, but I'm not seeing anyone else's info when purchasing, just mine (if logged in) or none (if not).
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Don't worry about WN releasing your personal info to strangers. We know from that drink ticket thread you have nothing to worry about.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:13 pm

I am having tons of problems as well. The map finder was giving me random cities, then the low far calendar started messing up and... poof... random flights in my cart. This started yesterday but it's tenfold crazier today.

I'm embarrassed to admit I almost bought Dallas to Orlando tickets for October. I swear I searched for IND - LAX!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:13 pm

My cart shows a random booking + Best Western room and car rental.

There is no other name shown, however.

Gee, this is a good time-killer - maybe a new game. Who comes up with the most expensive trip or farthest flight in their cart?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Well, I'm relieved (a little...) that this is happening to everyone else, and that there doesn't seem to be any personal information getting leaked except phone # and email.

I did send an email to WN about the issue.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mke9499
My cart shows a random booking + Best Western room and car rental.
That's the saddest part of this thread.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
That's the saddest part of this thread.

Now the cart shows a purchase with points...it's out of control!

Last edited by mke9499; Jun 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
I noticed this the other day when looking at flights. Figured it was just an IT glitch. Maybe someone will pay for my flights! (As long as I don't pay for theirs!) I should probably shoot them an email about this though.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Don't worry about WN releasing your personal info to strangers. We know from that drink ticket thread you have nothing to worry about.
Well, now I am on your side! Email address and phone numbers, now that is serious invasion of privacy and I'd be concerned. Those are worth protecting.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
...Under "Air" I clicked on "View Fares on a Map" (lower right)...
I wanted to try this out, but can't find it. Could they have removed "View Fares on a Map"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.