Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Suggestion: Faster drink coupon accumulation for A-list Preferred members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:51 am
Original Poster

I know WN will never give drinks out as a standard perk, but what about a faster accumulation rate? Maybe every 5 flights compared to the standard 10?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:44 am

Drinks are a standard perk for BS purchasers.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
Drinks are a standard perk for BS purchasers.
I meant that WN will probably never give a drink coupon to an A-List Preferred members regardless of their fare type.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:07 am

I think that's been suggested before, and possibly was going to be actual policy but ended up not making the cut (or was just wishful thinking on the part of someone at WN).

New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Oh, heavens NO. I have so many drink coupons that I am always giving them away....sometimes 12 at a time.

How about a new perk for A+ members----> actually give me the lowest A number available? Getting an A30 when you are A+ is discouraging, especially when it is obvious that many of the 16-29's paid $12.50 (or whatever it is today) for the earlybird boarding.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
Oh, heavens NO. I have so many drink coupons that I am always giving them away....sometimes 12 at a time.

How about a new perk for A+ members----> actually give me the lowest A number available? Getting an A30 when you are A+ is discouraging, especially when it is obvious that many of the 16-29's paid $12.50 (or whatever it is today) for the earlybird boarding.
Are you sure? That's not supposed to happen. Other than the occasional SEB, what you're describing is very unusual.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by ursine1
Are you sure? That's not supposed to happen. Other than the occasional SEB, what you're describing is very unusual.
probably what you are seeing are A-listers canceling and someone taking their spot. highly unlikely it is a EBCI.

And A-listers are way more likely to cancel their flight than normal pax...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by no2chem
probably what you are seeing are A-listers canceling and someone taking their spot. highly unlikely it is a EBCI.

And A-listers are way more likely to cancel their flight than normal pax...
What I am seeing are passengers with lower numbers and no indication on their boarding passes that they are A, let alone A+. And more than one.

The A30, I admit, was the worst example...but it happened in the last week or so. I was flying on a standard award ticket, so perhaps that influenced the assignment. But, it is not unusual for me to be A20 -25 with more than one non A ahead. And I am aware of the reassigned cancelled numbers, but this cannot be that common.

It's no big deal---really part of the charm of the Southwest "system."
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
What I am seeing are passengers with lower numbers and no indication on their boarding passes that they are A, let alone A+. And more than one.

The A30, I admit, was the worst example...but it happened in the last week or so. I was flying on a standard award ticket, so perhaps that influenced the assignment. But, it is not unusual for me to be A20 -25 with more than one non A ahead. And I am aware of the reassigned cancelled numbers, but this cannot be that common.

It's no big deal---really part of the charm of the Southwest "system."
"A-list" is really small and kind of hidden away on the BPs printed off from a kiosk; it can be hard to see if they aren't holding it up in the open.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Maybe some people don't like others spying on their private documents such as BP's.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
Maybe some people don't like others spying on their private documents such as BP's.
If I was not in the right place in line, I would not want people sneaking peeks of my boarding pass either.

When I was not preboarding, I was A+. I had usually put my thumb over the name and folded the BP so that the confirmation number was unseen. I would proudly display my A-16 or A-18 or whatever and say "This is my spot." If there were seven people between A-16 and A-20 and I had A-18, I would find the spot with two people in front of me and stand there.

If people are not trying to get away with something, they should have no objection to showing the boarding position part of the BP.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
If I was not in the right place in line, I would not want people sneaking peeks of my boarding pass either.

When I was not preboarding, I was A+. I had usually put my thumb over the name and folded the BP so that the confirmation number was unseen. I would proudly display my A-16 or A-18 or whatever and say "This is my spot." If there were seven people between A-16 and A-20 and I had A-18, I would find the spot with two people in front of me and stand there.

If people are not trying to get away with something, they should have no objection to showing the boarding position part of the BP.
They should have no objection to showing their private document to a WN employee boarding the flight. As to the other snoopy sniffers who want to play hall monitor, it's none of their business and I most certainly do object to showing them anything.

My general advice when snoopy sniffers insert themselves in doing the carrier's job is to consciously ignore them. No juvenile responses, just ignore them. Even the dummies get the message.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:19 am

They should have no objection to showing their private document to a WN employee boarding the flight. As to the other snoopy sniffers who want to play hall monitor, it's none of their business and I most certainly do object to showing them anything.

My general advice when snoopy sniffers insert themselves in doing the carrier's job is to consciously ignore them. No juvenile responses, just ignore them. Even the dummies get the message.
You just made my point for me.

No extra drink coupons. Instead, a better system to deliver what's promised.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
I've never experienced this. So long as I purchase my ticket with the T-36 timeframe, I've never received anything other than A16-18, even when on award travel. Per policy, I believe that EBCIs are ranked after A+ & A-List. The only reason you should have received A30 is that there were 14 A Listers with more YTD TQPs than you on that flight, or your booked inside of T-36.

Or the system broke. But I've never experienced that.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec

I fell into this trap the other day of being that hall monitor type person...

I saw an oldish (not elderly, which should have been pre-boarding, just grandmotherly) lady with A58 on her card. I was standing at A3, which the other side of the pylon from me is obviously the 31-35 spot. She looked kinda lost, and I could see her BP said A58... I politely asked if she needed to know where 58 was, and she kinda looked at me and said No, I'm fine right here... I just said "oh, Ok" and ignored it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.