Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

49/99/129/149 Anniversary sale June 11 to 13

49/99/129/149 Anniversary sale June 11 to 13

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 10, 13, 5:36 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: nsx
Wiki Link
From http://www.southwest.com/html/promot...OWOWSAL1306011

It's the big sale you've been waiting for! For 72 hours only, we've got some of the lowest fares you'll find on Fall travel. Hurry & book now for the best selection of flights & travel dates.

With fares this low, you don't need a reason, just pick a destination & go! Book by Thursday, June 13 for travel from August 26 - December 18, 2013.

Available only on southwest.com or swabiz.com.
Purchase from Jun. 11 through Jun. 13, 2013, 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city.
Travel Aug. 26 through Dec. 18, 2013.
Blackout dates apply: Sept. 2 and Nov. 26 through Dec. 3
Travel valid every day except Fridays & Sundays.
Some flights operated by AirTran Airways. Available on published, scheduled service only.
Fares valid on nonstop service only.
Service to Grand Rapids, MI begins on Aug. 11, 2013. Service to Memphis, TN; Pensacola, FL and Richmond, VA begins on Nov. 3, 2013.
Displayed prices include all government taxes and fees.
Lowest advertised fare not available to/from Dayton, OH; Washington (Reagan National), DC; New York (Newark); Philadelphia, PA; Washington (Dulles), DC; New York (LaGuardia); West Palm Beach, FL; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Fort Myers, FL; and Seattle, WA.
Seats are limited. Fares may vary by destinations, flight, and day of week and won't be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
Fares are available for one-way travel.
Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare's rules apply.
Fares are not combinable with Senior Fares.
Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but not guaranteed.
Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines.
Fares are not available through Group Desk.
Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel requires an upgrade to the Anytime fare.
Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
Offer applies to published, scheduled service only.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 9, 13, 7:09 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Arrow 49/99/129/149 Anniversary sale June 11 to 13

Judging from ftnoob's http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...e-threads.html we can expect an excellent 3-day sale this week or next. I've been holding off buying fall tickets in anticipation of this sale.

For most Southwest sales it's not necessary to rush to book. In these exceptional sales I've seen seats be available when the sale starts and gone the same evening. So move promptly if you are booking a high-demand flight.
Old Jun 9, 13, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Thanks for the heads up. I was just thinking about my mid-September to mid-November travel plans the other day. Hurricane season means flexible travel plans, which is where WN excels especially with RR2 points.
Old Jun 9, 13, 7:55 pm

Does anyone remember the valid dates on a sale like this ?

I need to fly Aug 2-5 from SFO-DTW.

Anyone willing to lay the odds on a sale for OAK/SFO to DTW.
I am looking at $680 RT for a United flight that is SFO-LAN.
Really dont want to pay almost $700 to fly to Michigan....
Old Jun 9, 13, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti View Post
Does anyone remember the valid dates on a sale like this ?

I need to fly Aug 2-5 from SFO-DTW.

Anyone willing to lay the odds on a sale for OAK/SFO to DTW.
I am looking at $680 RT for a United flight that is SFO-LAN.
Really dont want to pay almost $700 to fly to Michigan....
That seems too much. Avoiding the 8/2 redeye, I see DL between $520-$544 for SFO to any of DTW, LAN, GRR, or SBN, and $535-574 for less availability on UA.
Old Jun 9, 13, 9:32 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist
Need to book SAN to AUS on Monday August 19th. Best rate right now on WN is $199/ea. Should I wait for the sale that may or may not happen or should I go ahead and book at $200 a ticket?
Old Jun 9, 13, 9:39 pm
nsx
Original Poster

My guess is the sale travel period will begin August 12 or later. I've been looking unsuccessfully for low fares in early August for the past 2 months.
Old Jun 9, 13, 9:41 pm
nsx
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JaysonW View Post
Need to book SAN to AUS on Monday August 19th. Best rate right now on WN is $199/ea. Should I wait for the sale that may or may not happen or should I go ahead and book at $200 a ticket?
I would wait through next Tuesday for something better than that. A good sale fare would be < $150.
Old Jun 9, 13, 10:02 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have been waiting for this to come as well. Hopefully it will not require use of a promo code or a roundtrip purchase like February's sale.

FWIW:
2010's was the most recent I could find travel dates listed, Wednesday following Labor Day through the Wednesday the week prior to Thanksgiving.
Old Jun 9, 13, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick View Post
That seems too much. Avoiding the 8/2 redeye, I see DL between $520-$544 for SFO to any of DTW, LAN, GRR, or SBN, and $535-574 for less availability on UA.
I'd love to see where you are seeing that. The best I am getting is $565. SFO to DTW.

While the 2 hour layover in MSP kinda sucks, the flight out is non-stop, so maybe it balances....

8.5 hours to fly from MI to CA still makes me sad...
Old Jun 10, 13, 7:40 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by JaysonW View Post
Let's keep our fingers crossed. I fly SAN->AUS->SAN most weeks in the summer and haven't gotten any fare LUV from WN so far. I'm booked thru July and looking for sale to book August & September.
Old Jun 10, 13, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just hope it isn't exclusively a Tue-Wed-Sat sale... Seems like a lot of their "sales" they've emailed to me have been that way.
Old Jun 10, 13, 12:55 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
what time of day do these sales usually pop up? do I need to set an alarm for 4am? LOL
Old Jun 11, 13, 12:48 am

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
$49, $99 fares for Aug 26 thru Dec 18

Looks like $49, $79, and $99 fares for many routes are now showing up on short-haul flights starting about Aug 26 and ending about Dec 18. Of course not all dates and not all destinations are included. Examples for $49: RNO-LAS, RNO-LAX, RNO-SAN, & RNO-PDX. LAS-DEN is $69. TPA-SJU is $79. RNO-DEN is $99. I suspect SWA will make the system-wide announcement on Tuesday morning June 11.

Last edited by RoadWarrior707; Jun 11, 13 at 11:30 pm
Old Jun 11, 13, 1:04 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior707 View Post
Looks like $49, $79, and $99 fares for many routes are now showing up on short-haul flights starting about Aug 26 and ending about Dec 18. Of course not all dates and not all destinations are included. Examples for $49: RNO-LAS, RNO-LAX, RNO-SAN, & RNO-PDX. LAS-DEN is $69. TPA-SJU is $79. RNO-DEN is $99. I suspect SWA will make the system-wide announcement on Tuesday morning July 11.
I've been looking at some dates for fall travel and the prices I'm seeing seem to be in line with the regular Tuesday sales. That said, the flights have been dirt cheap on the previous Tuesday sales and are again so I picked up a couple of tickets.

Okay, I looked around some more and found some deeply discounted fares. Looks like this is indeed the big sale.
Old Jun 11, 13, 1:08 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
It's live on the website. Book by Thursday 6/13 for travel Aug. 26 to Dec. 18. Normal rules apply, not valid on Friday or Sunday, blackout dates are around Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

Link here

Most of the usual airports are blacked out: National, La Garbage, Newark, Dulles and Akron . Seattle is a new addition to the list for some reason.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: