Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone Leaving WN (or reducing flights) because of Evolve?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Leaving WN (or reducing flights) because of Evolve?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Isn't it sad that customers are more complementary about the oldest equipment in their fleet?

I'd trade wifi or any IFE for a decent seat and the legroom of a -300.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Wingrider
Isn't it sad that customers are more complementary about the oldest equipment in their fleet?

Absolutely.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider

The only negative I do seem to notice on the 300s is that I have more ear pressure issues than on the newer planes. Ah... but that *legroom.*
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Saw this recent AP article from USA Today on airline seats and specifically discussing Evolve. Quite pleased that the people they quoted in the article seemed to share the same criticisms us FTers have on Evolve. Dallas, are you listening to any of this???

New seats let airlines squeeze in more passengers
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
I think one of those quotes is from a Flyertalker. I'm sure he'll show up here soon...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
I think one of those quotes is from a Flyertalker. I'm sure he'll show up here soon...
My guess is that you are right. They were soliciting interviews by PM from people posting in the WN forum.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Found this morning in the Wall Street Journal on line letters section:

On the subject of "The Incredible Shrinking Plane Seat" (Marketplace, Oct. 24), the trend toward ever-smaller seats that are 17-inches wide or even less led me to check on the width of coffins. According to information on the Internet, coffins offer their adult occupants an average 28 inches of shoulder room. Does this tell us anything about what the airlines think of their presumably living customers?
It does not address the pitch problem directly, but the original article has an interesting graphic comparing seats in different venues. It also shows it is not just us. Some wide bodied jets are getting an extra seat in each row reducing seat width.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Well done! Thought I recognized a friendly voice

Just sucks re: the seat squeeze. I'm starting to contemplate sailing to the UK next time I go...Here's an interesting article on the subject:

http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2008/...an-liners.html
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, AAdvantage Lifetime Gold, SkyMiles, Hyatt Platinum
I just caught myself searching for the 137 seat -300 or a -800 to book from DAL to DEN, even if that means changing planes.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Viasa
I just caught myself searching for the 137 seat -300 or a -800 to book from DAL to DEN, even if that means changing planes.
When my departure times are flexible, I do the same thing. Be aware there are often last minute plane swaps the foil this plan.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Cant take the seats anymore on a flight over 1.5 hours. Anyone over 6'1" is screwed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.