WN Drink Coupons on FL

Old May 9, 13, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

WN Drink Coupons on FL

Has anyone had success or any experience at all with using WN drink coupons on FL?
Old May 9, 13, 5:11 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by kidstwo View Post
Has anyone had success or any experience at all with using WN drink coupons on FL?
"we don't accept them"

then proceeded to give me two free drinks.

i'm ok with this.
Old May 10, 13, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Cheers bon95! It obviously doesn't hurt to ask and I will on my upcoming FL flight. Thanks for the input.
Old May 22, 13, 7:43 pm

I've asked to use a Southwest drink coupon on Airtran flights without luck. The Airtran flight attendants seem to enjoy telling me that they're not Southwest. I remind them that your new CEO, Gary, says you're one big happy family. This shouldn't be so difficult. Can't someone solve this so I can have a free drink when I'm stuck in my pre-assigned middle seat? As A-list Preferred, I'm not enjoying this. Solving a few of these little problems like cross-company drink coupon usage and a better seat assignment algorythm might provide a little customer delight. Does anyone care?
Old May 25, 13, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
For a year or so, I kept thinking I just wasn't smart enough to understand the pace of this merger. But actually, SWA has no clue. It wold be easy to accelerate the way the two carriers are merged in a positive way. Drink coupons, luggage fees, etc. They obviously know these things, they just think it doesn't matter.

Why is SWA announcing "new service" on billboards in ATL to cities that are just changing AirTan to SWA?

What a weird merger.
Old Mar 11, 14, 7:43 am

Jumping on the old thread as I read on the FL forum they now accept WN drink coupons and WN accepts FL drink coupons?
Old Mar 11, 14, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Probably on a "free drink" Holiday the FAs didn't mention...

Originally Posted by bon95 View Post
"we don't accept them"

then proceeded to give me two free drinks.

i'm ok with this.
Old Mar 11, 14, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by OzzyOzzie View Post
Jumping on the old thread as I read on the FL forum they now accept WN drink coupons and WN accepts FL drink coupons?
I have been told that is the case. I have not had anyone actually accept a Southwest Drink Coupon on Airtran, although a couple of others have reported sucess.

As is usual with their "integration" YMMV.

I have a flight on Airtran with a Southwest Ticket this evening and if I can't talk my way into Biz, I plan on trying out a Southwest Drink Coupon.

I don't have high expectations of either actually working.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: