Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free Southwest WIFI for A+. "Number of tries exceeded". Can't log in

Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP

Check this out. I'm on a flight right now. Wifi kicks on at 10,000 feet a I immediately try to get my iPad and iPhone online. I go thru the process and log in and one device connects. I try to connect the 2nd device and an error "maximum number of tries exceeded. try again later" pops up. I go back the the first device and its no longer connected to the Internet. Out of luck. Keep trying and nothing. Frustrated, I decide to pay and it worked.

Don't know what the heck is up but I'm basically locked out of my SW account as I can't even get onto SWA.com. I ended up paying as I needed to get some work done.

I've connected multiple devices many times. Damn... When I fly with my family, all of us connect. Never an issue.

Anyone encounter this problem before?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jb3t
Check this out. I'm on a flight right now. Wifi kicks on at 10,000 feet a I immediately try to get my iPad and iPhone online. I go thru the process and log in and one device connects. I try to connect the 2nd device and an error "maximum number of tries exceeded. try again later" pops up. I go back the the first device and its no longer connected to the Internet. Out of luck. Keep trying and nothing. Frustrated, I decide to pay and it worked.

Don't know what the heck is up but I'm basically locked out of my SW account as I can't even get onto SWA.com. I ended up paying as I needed to get some work done.

I've connected multiple devices many times. Damn... When I fly with my family, all of us connect. Never an issue.

Anyone encounter this problem before?
This has to do with number of attempts to login with the wrong password and not the number of devices logged in to the WiFi. It would seem that on the last device you had a typo in your password. After several incorrect attempts you were locked out of your account which explains the message and the fact that your first device was now inactive. Now, if you did not try several times, look around, someone may have seen your login and was trying to guess your password.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:36 am
Original Poster

I called WN and this is exactly the case. Turns out, as I was logging in, my kid tried to log in and got the password wrong a few times. That locked us all out for 24 hours.

Called WN... They sent me a link to reset my password and told me to call customer service to discuss a refund. Lesson learned here.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:13 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: SWA Customer Relations
Originally Posted by jb3t
I called WN and this is exactly the case. Turns out, as I was logging in, my kid tried to log in and got the password wrong a few times. That locked us all out for 24 hours.

Called WN... They sent me a link to reset my password and told me to call customer service to discuss a refund. Lesson learned here.
Feel free to send me a PM and I'll see if we can credit you back.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks,,, ill try CR tomorrow. If not, I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.