Wiki Posts
Search

Cost way down - Reschedule?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Cost way down - Reschedule?

Bought 2 rt tickets SNA-DEN March 20. Would have waited but had to schedule vacation time. Today, I see that total is down to $423 [from the $487 I paid]. Since cancelling is free on SWA do I dare cancel and reschedule immediately? I do not subscribe to that service that tells how many seats remain.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:33 pm

You don't need to cancel; you can simply Change Reservation and select the same flights if you want. As long as the lower fare still shows, you can confirm it and the remaining funds can be used for travel within a year of when you made the purchase, by the same traveler. You need to keep track of the confirmation code. Also the general advice here is to book trips as one-ways.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by rove312
You don't need to cancel; you can simply Change Reservation and select the same flights if you want. As long as the lower fare still shows, you can confirm it and the remaining funds can be used for travel within a year of when you made the purchase, by the same traveler. You need to keep track of the confirmation code. Also the general advice here is to book trips as one-ways.
^

Do this now, and keep checking to see if it drops further.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:10 am

I have the opposite problem - the fare I booked was $130 each way which was materially above the original $70 I saw a few days prior. Is there anytime of alert service I can use to monitor the cost of these flights to possibly book a lower fare, or do I need to regularly price out the trip each week (Tues.?) on there website?

Could someone also expand on why I should book these as one-ways? Thx.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by txtxyeha
Could someone also expand on why I should book these as one-ways? Thx.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ound-trip.html
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:19 pm

Found this as an answer to my own question:

Is there a way to "watch" a fare?

Short answer is "not really".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.