Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Same itinerary, but each passenger has different confirmation number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Just bought 2 tickets for a SFO-BUR trip.

I did things as usual - searched for the flights I wanted and had entered "2 adults" on the main screen.

Finally, after checkout, I end up with 2 different confirmation numbers - one for each passenger.

In the past, I've gotten both pax under the same conf. #... why'd it change? It makes OLCI a tiny bit more of a hassle, but still an unnecessary hassle.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:22 pm

Wondering that myself. We have an upcoming trip with 11 passengers - each with their own confirmation number - each way. (24 in total as one passenger is a COS!) The worst part is these are not connected to each other in any way so on the Airtran segment, our seats won't even be near each other.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:33 pm

If you paid with points, this always happens. If you paid with money, then it's odd in my experience.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zachary
If you paid with points, this always happens. If you paid with money, then it's odd in my experience.
Ah, yes, I did pay with points. Strange, but I guess that's that.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 7:46 pm

Different PNR #s for family travelling together

Happened to me last week, however in my case I paid cash. There are 6 in one family (same last name) traveling together.

What appears to have happened is that while I inserted 6 passengers and selected a fare code, there were only 2 seats available at the (cheaper) fare code. So the software broke off the 2 in one reservation at the same fare per ticket and left me to go back and buy the remaining 4 at the next best available fare.

Two problems; didn't explicitly tell me it was only giving me two seats, luckily I noticed that the total fare seemed way to low for 6 of us. Went back and bought the still needed 4 seats at the higher fare. Suppose I had merely logged out after I thought I bought all 6 seats, no message, no nothing. Seems like a warning notice might have been in order.

Now as the other writers point out I now need to get the boarding passes in a two-stage operation. Yes, minor but still a pain. Hope one group doesn't get a B and the other group a high C as there are children involved. Will be a big problem if for some OPS problem they automatically place 2 of us on one flight and the other 4 on another.

Just sharing my experience..............
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Many of us prefer separate PNR's. As a COS, every RT for me has four total. If you ever need to change one of the flights while leaving the others alone, the value of separate PNR's will become apparent.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:05 am

Personally, I like the flexibility of having different PNR's. But, it is a PIA when checking in at t24 and at the airport.

Actually it is one of the reasons why I have been paying for EB lately - to ensure our boarding assignments are together. Traveling with a child and checking in at T24 with multiple PNRs simply was working since they were all over the place. We almost always had to give up our best number and go with the 2nd.

Last edited by mdurette; Apr 5, 2013 at 7:19 am
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by steve-o
Happened to me last week, however in my case I paid cash. There are 6 in one family (same last name) traveling together.

What appears to have happened is that while I inserted 6 passengers and selected a fare code, there were only 2 seats available at the (cheaper) fare code. So the software broke off the 2 in one reservation at the same fare per ticket and left me to go back and buy the remaining 4 at the next best available fare.

Two problems; didn't explicitly tell me it was only giving me two seats, luckily I noticed that the total fare seemed way to low for 6 of us. Went back and bought the still needed 4 seats at the higher fare. Suppose I had merely logged out after I thought I bought all 6 seats, no message, no nothing. Seems like a warning notice might have been in order.

Now as the other writers point out I now need to get the boarding passes in a two-stage operation. Yes, minor but still a pain. Hope one group doesn't get a B and the other group a high C as there are children involved. Will be a big problem if for some OPS problem they automatically place 2 of us on one flight and the other 4 on another.

Just sharing my experience..............
Call SWA customer relations, they may be able to straighten this out since kids are involved: 214-932-0333 Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by NextTrip
Call SWA customer relations, they may be able to straighten this out since kids are involved: 214-932-0333 Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT
Just curious: What do you think Customer Service would be able to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.