Wiki Posts
Search

WN abandons BOI>SEA and now BOI>PDX!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Unhappy WN abandons BOI>SEA and now BOI>PDX!!

AS has to love this news. Guess what will happen to prices on these routes now?

Which of your favorite routes have been cancelled?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: LTP, PP
ISP-MDW

Used to be at least 6 flights a day. From MDW, anywhere WN flies, especially the west, used to a one connect, convenient delight. Now its a friggin chore to fly anywhere but Florida from ISP.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
BOI>SLC

I used to live on that route. Back in 2005-2008 I had the student special were you only had to fly 4RT and you would earn a free ticket. Those were the good old days!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 pm

Still unhappy about the loss of CLE-STL...
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
BNA-ONT
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:38 pm

ABQ<->SLC
ABQ<->STL

Southwest has really taken a dump on the non-stop destinations out of ABQ in the last year or so...
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I was hoping WN would keep LEX after Airtran integration, but noooooooooo.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I was hoping WN would keep LEX after Airtran integration, but noooooooooo.
I live in Lexington and was so hoping they would keep service here. It's only an hour to SDF though.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
WN has been cutting Tucson flights like there's no tomorrow. We're down to three LAX flights in the summer (from a high of six a few years ago). Once June rolls around, it'll take 7-8 hours to get to DAL on WN or 6 hours to get to ABQ.

It's gotten so bad in the last 1.5 years, I'm moving to Phoenix in a couple weeks. Doing the drive ever week is getting old.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
IND-MDW - Another recent short-haul casualty!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
ISP-MDW

Used to be at least 6 flights a day. From MDW, anywhere WN flies, especially the west, used to a one connect, convenient delight. Now its a friggin chore to fly anywhere but Florida from ISP.
Don't they fly ISP-BWI? BWI reaches most of WN's major markets except SFO/OAK, DAL and MSP nonstop. BWI-DAL will be flown. I wouldn't be surprised though if ISP is downsized even more, and maybe one Florida market like ISP-TPA moves over to LGA-TPA.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by rtalk25
Don't they fly ISP-BWI? BWI reaches most of WN's major markets except SFO/OAK, DAL and MSP nonstop. BWI-DAL will be flown. I wouldn't be surprised though if ISP is downsized even more, and maybe one Florida market like ISP-TPA moves over to LGA-TPA.
Yes, over and over. Except I like to fly to SAN, OAK, SFO & MCI. Choices are severely restricted now where before I had many options. Had to fly a 3 hop 10+ hour marathon ISP-BWI-MDW-SFO a few days before New Years. Started using my coupons after leaving BWI, lets say I arrived in great spirits and it was a challenge figuring out BART for the first time (but all good, it was a blast).

Just don't understand it. ISP-MDW flights were largely packed when I flew them (Sun/Mon/Thurs/Fri). They built an 8 gate shrine to themselves in one of the most dense well off markets in the US. The hassle of driving / flying into LGA with frequency can't be worth abandoning ISP. ISP fares are sky high, its easy to get same day / next day WGA fares out of LGA. Plus the terminal they and AirTran are in is a dump!

But they must know what they are doing...
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by joshua362
Except I like to fly to SAN, OAK, SFO & MCI. Choices are severely restricted now where before I had many options.
Don't they fly BWI-SAN nonstop? I seem to recall one of my TUS-SAN or PHX-SAN flights continuing to BWI.

But I hear you on severely restricted choices....these last 15 months have been brutal.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
RNO to SLC nonstop is gone. Hello Delta. RNO to ONT gone already, too.. it just started.

Waiting for RNO to PDX nonstop to go. Never full...
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
RNO-SJC and, in early June, RNO-OAK nonstops also will be eliminated. Grrr...

CEO Kelly states the short-haul market over 20 years is down. The medium-haul market is sort of flat. The growth has been in the long-haul market.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2013/fe...res-fees-and-/

IMHO he is gambling that losing SWA's short haul loyal base is worth the risk...does not make me happy or even optimistic about LUV stock...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.