Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest Status Match. Colorado Residents Only.

Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Long time stalker here wanting to give back to the Colorado Residents out there who have elite status with United or Frontier. I received an email today stating that Southwest will match the status you have with United or Frontier for Colorado Residents only. With all the competition at Denver International Airport, I am not surprised that Southwest is doing whatever they can to draw passengers away from the other two main carriers. I do apologize in advance for the copy and paste for as I am not completely technically sound with screenshots.

We have an exciting opportunity for Colorado Rapid Rewards Members who have elite status through the United Airlines MileagePlus or Frontier EarlyReturns programs! Through April 30, 2013, MileagePlus Premier and EarlyReturns Ascent or Summit members can get complimentary Rapid Rewards A-List Membership!

As an A-List Member, you will enjoy special privileges designed to make your travel experience easier, faster, and more enjoyable than ever, including:

Priority Boarding
Fly By Priority Check-in and Security Lane Access (where available)
25% Earning Bonus
Dedicated A-List Membership Phone Line
Standby Priority
To take advantage of this elite status match, submit the following to [email protected]:

A copy of your current, valid MileagePlus Premier or EarlyReturns Ascent or Summit membership card or statement
Your first and last name
Phone number
Rapid Rewards account number
Enter "Colorado Status Match Offer" in your subject line
To avoid delays, please ensure that your request includes all of the above information. Please note that your e-mail submission cannot exceed five megabytes (5MB).

Don't miss out on this opportunity to match your elite status today!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Should probably be in the WN forum...
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Edit: misinformed

Maybe other airlines will finally match southwest now... nah, just a dream .

Last edited by no2chem; Mar 11, 2013 at 8:42 pm
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:06 pm

Nearly identical offer last summer after F9 promoted a status match against WN.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...te-status.html
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by no2chem
Interesting, and AFAIK, the first time WN has publicly announced a status match... interesting change in policy?

Maybe other airlines will finally match southwest now... nah, just a dream .
It is not the first time...see these threads as examples:

Reborn! Southwest is matching Frontier status and up to 50k miles (Wisconsin only)

Status match

Also, some airlines (UA, for example) offer status challenges based on WN status:

Airline Status Match. A/A+ RR
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by FindAWay
It is not the first time...see these threads as examples:

Reborn! Southwest is matching Frontier status and up to 50k miles (Wisconsin only)

Status match

Also, some airlines (UA, for example) offer status challenges based on WN status:

Airline Status Match. A/A+ RR
Ah. Guess I've never lived in any of the targeted states. And right, UA will, but DL won't.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, SW Gold
Thanks OP!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
I wonder how long this takes to complete? I emailed the required info yesterday, hoping it happens before a flight on thursday. fat chance right?

I already have a hard time getting A boarding passes with all the early check in buy ups out of denver now. Miss 24 hour check in by a few minutes and it's mid-upper B's.

Well at least this year it will get better for me, but for some it will get worse (the people getting jumped by more A-listers).

Update- status appeared tonight, two day after submitting (even though the email I received says it may take up to 6 weeks, my online account shows A-List).

Last edited by goldenbear; Mar 14, 2013 at 12:13 am
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:24 am

How About the Other Way?

Anyone know of any status matches going in the other direction, where other airlines will make WN A+ status?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:48 am

status match processing time

Submitted my materials on the first day. Called to try to determine when the adjustment would be made...After a couple of "please hold" was told 6 to 8 weeks
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:12 pm

I put the materials in for myself and my wife on Monday 3/11. My account now shows A-List, but my wife's account doesn't yet.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:34 pm

My status changed Whoopie

After reading Beta's post I decided to check. It has been changed to A+. Maybe they noticed the 1.6 million miles on United. You guys are very lucky over here compared to how elites have been treated at United after the merger. Formerly for an upcoming trip to Hawaii I would have booked the UA nonstop from Denver. I am so POd at United that I am flying you guys to Vegas and catching HA from there.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:53 pm

I am a premier gold million miler, but my wife is just premier gold, and she just got her A List added to her account.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by swato
After reading Beta's post I decided to check. It has been changed to A+. Maybe they noticed the 1.6 million miles on United. You guys are very lucky over here compared to how elites have been treated at United after the merger. Formerly for an upcoming trip to Hawaii I would have booked the UA nonstop from Denver. I am so POd at United that I am flying you guys to Vegas and catching HA from there.
Your initial observations re: they treat "us elites" over here are fascinating.
By all means please keep us informed as to how find the "experience" with Southwest over time.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
What about temporary residents? Do you have to do anything to prove you've lived in Colorado for a certain amount of time for this, or does your profile address just have to be in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.