Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

No SWA points when booking hotel on Southwest.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlt, AAdmirals Club, Hilton Diamond

I wanted to share my experience and give a warning to all. Be careful when you book hotels on southwest.com.

Southwest has a new promotion going with Carlson, where you are supposed to get double rapid rewards points for a hotel stay. I booked three stays over Jan and Feb. Up until now none has credited by account.

I called Carlson and they said that southwest.com booked through orbitz.com and they do not get point for orbitz. I called SWA rapid rewards and they said there was nothing they could do, but call customer service. I called SWA customer service. They took all the info and said I would hear back the next day. It has been almost a week and nothing.

I spent almost an hour on hold between the 3 calls and have not gotten anything. So caution - do not book hotels on southwest.com
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:36 am

Have you completed the stays yet, or just booked them?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:47 am
Original Poster

I completed the stays. One in Jan the other two in Feb. Carlson confirms I made the stays - as does SWA. But since SWA booked through orbits, neither Carlson nor SWA will give me the rapid rewards points. So I am out 3,600 points. 3 x 600 x 2 (double points).
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:50 am

You should look at what the site says when you book it. I did a search: on the list of hotels, for partners, it says "Special offer: Up to 750 points." When I selected a Best Western, all the listed rates were prepaid saying "Special offer! 150 points*"; go down to the asterisk and it says "*Rate not eligible for the standard 600 Rapid Rewards Points."
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:13 am

I had the same experience. Didn't get the 750 points. SW CSR said it would show up 4-8 weeks after the date of stay. It never showed up.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Rove: I always check that and make sure it says 750 - 150 for booking on SWA and 600 from the hotel. The rate I booked had 750.

Rtalk: Thank you for confirmation. I do not think anyone is getting th points from Carlson.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:34 am

This is a TOTAL SCAM.. i've booked 5 hotels via Southwest.com that were Points eligible (either 600-750) and I never recieved any of them.

I call SWA and they tell me even tho i booked thru their site, that its on the hotel chain to give me points and the hotel chain tells me its on southwest, they arent responsible for what southwest offers their customer etc. I even try giving them my SW RR number upon check in , and the agents always look at me crazy saying their systems aren't set up for this

Very annoying, SWA needs to stop passing the buck and OWN IT.. you advertise points in exchange for hotel sites on YOUR SITE.. you need to make sure your customers get credited (w/ out spending hours on hold arguing w/ customer service agents BTW)

Do yourself a favor, don't book hotels on SW. Book on priceline and save the money since you won't be getting the points anyways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.