Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No liquor

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:23 pm

It was a joke. I never said it was a good one, but I hear stupid jokes all the time.

Tone is lost in the retelling of the story like yours, so there very well could have been people that the flight attendant was joking with while boarding and it was meant to be cute.

Order your drink. You'll get it. If you were that concerned, one whould think you would have ordered one, as a test. You could have said never mind, once they asked for payment.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Well, since you're the only one to claim such, the joke obviously wasn't funny and certainly didn't put your peer (if you're still with WN) in a very good light.

Also, I am also not the only one to claim such. You might wanna check out the thread, again.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:51 pm

There's no indication from the OP (who was actually on the flight) that it was a joke.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I'll vote it was "suppose to be funny" ie grab your attention, listen to my safety piece! But clearly can be a sensitive subject....
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by antinseattle
I'll vote it was "suppose to be funny" ie grab your attention, listen to my safety piece!
I could see that happening. But you would hope there was a lot of back peddling afterwards to avoid the OP's concern. I imagine the sales numbers is the only way to prove or disprove and I doubt those will be released...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:09 pm

Lol I keep following this thread for an update. Hope it was a bad joke...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.