Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:05 pm

I'm another who's given up on SW until they join pre-check. For the past year, I've been flying between DC and Nashville once a month or more-- SW has several nonstops from BWi each day, but I now pass 'em up for UA RJs out of IAD or connections out of DCA. Security at BWI crawls since the "secret" basement checkpoint closed and the Nashville lines aren't much better. I'm a UA million miler and it was hard enough for me to take that first SW flight, but after a few months I was OK with it---but once I got used to pre-check it was hard to go back to standing in a security line and open seating.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jbwilkins1967
At least you got a call.....I basically told them I was taking my 30-40 flights a year to Delta if they didn't get their act together on PreCheck 2 or 3 months back.....never heard a thing....
Long string of BS tickets with the promotion and A+ helps.
The representative simply listened and did not give any feedback on how far along they are with getting this to work. For me it's pre-check or opt-out, big difference.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by stampchez
Does anyone else feel like Southwest is really hurting themselves by screwing around on this? I am definitely finding myself flying United more in large part due to PreCheck.
Flying from CLE, where the pre-check line is seconds, and the normal line is 20-30 minutes (even for elites), I'm definitely flying more United and AA, and less Southwest.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:34 am

I had to chuckle at this non-answer answer posted on Facebook today:

That link pulls up this oh-so-helpful to Southwest pax info:

Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
Well, that's who we'll fly for the time being then.....
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:04 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I realize all the airlines have very antiquated IT systems, but it doesn't SEEM like it would be that hard to add a field for one's Trusted Traveler number, and to transmit that information (along with the name) to the TSA.

After all, at some point, WN did manage to add a field for "Redress #", which I assume is transmitted to the TSA.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Used Pre-Check (thanks to my GE) on AA at SNA and DFW last week- really nice. I'm essentially off-the-road now and won't be flying WN so much, but do have a bunch of points I'll be running thru over time so it'd be nice to have them finally get PC.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
At an airport like ATL or DEN with one checkpoint it would work great.
ATL has at least 3 checkpoints (4 or 5 if you count International) and at least 2 Pre-Check locations.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
I flew WN out of PHX (C gates) this morning and overheard the TSA person checking ID's against boarding passes telling a fellow passenger they'd have pre-check by the end of the month.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by ;
I flew WN out of PHX (C gates) this morning and overheard the TSA person checking ID's against boarding passes telling a fellow passenger they'd have pre-check by the end of the month.
That will be the month I'll be restarting my weekly WN commute then. Holding off on WN right now and flying OAL.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:52 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Coming soon?

According to an article in today's Chicago Tribune, PreCheck should be coming to WN "soon".

Perhaps more indicative is that the TSA announced today that PreCheck will be expanding to 60 more airports by the end of the year, and of note were three airports that WN dominates: MDW, HOU and DAL. Hopefully that is a good sign.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
Originally Posted by dw
According to an article in today's Chicago Tribune, PreCheck should be coming to WN "soon".

Perhaps more indicative is that the TSA announced today that PreCheck will be expanding to 60 more airports by the end of the year, and of note were three airports that WN dominates: MDW, HOU and DAL. Hopefully that is a good sign.
Here is the list, btw:

http://www.tsa.gov/press/releases/20...ional-airports

My home airport is on there... as is the one I fly to every week...
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ohange
Here is the list, btw:

http://www.tsa.gov/press/releases/20...ional-airports

My home airport is on there... as is the one I fly to every week...
That's not a perfect list. It has asterisks after many of the airports, but no footnote to go with that! Anyway, I can guess what that footnote would say: "Not available at all terminals / entry points."

So it matters not just that an airport you're using is there, but also that it's available at the terminal / entry point that you need to / can use, on the airline you're flying.

Just because an airline is listed, and also an airport they use is listed, it doesn't automatically mean that airline at that airport has PreCheck. Certainly in the early days there were cases where airport A had airline X but not airline Y, and airport B had airline Y but not airline X. I presume that's filling in, but without a much more detailed list showing airline/airport combinations it's hard to tell for sure how completely it's filled in at a given time.

That's why the list that ursine1 gave a picture of a handful of posts above is the better list (even if harder to use), because you have to click to get a per-airline list. A per-airline list is the only really useful list, because not every airline has PreCheck at every airport on your list that they fly to.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:29 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's not a perfect list. It has asterisks after many of the airports, but no footnote to go with that!
It's a Pre-note (get it?):
"An asterisk denotes a current TSA Pre✓™ location."
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by dw
TSA announced today that PreCheck will be expanding to 60 more airports by the end of the year
Where is the "by the end of the year" stipulation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.