Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by xmlsoa
What ways could I hit the Pre List.
Originally Posted by oswaldjacoby
If you have precheck on one airline, is there any way to get it on another airline? I am precheck eligible on UAL, but dont get precheck on SW. It seems if TSA has cleared you for one airline, you should be cleared for other airlines.
Get Global Entry/NEXUS/SENTRI or the $85 pre. TSA doesnt do logical things the opt-in via airline isnt really transferrable to other carriers.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
My wife and I just got our TT#s. When trying to add them to my online profile it looks its not saving. Is there something else that I need to do to get it to save.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
tsa pre check

Is precheck only available to elite AA ff's? I easily signed up at United, no problem. But AA makes this really difficult-even though I am tiered with AA ff.

Secondly, does anyone know if SFO has AA pre-check?
Thanks so much.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Get Global Entry/NEXUS/SENTRI or the $85 pre. TSA doesnt do logical things the opt-in via airline isnt really transferrable to other carriers.
But the TSA application center is only at Indianapolis International Airport right now.

What's the easiest way to hit the pre-check?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ktremor
My wife and I just got our TT#s. When trying to add them to my online profile it looks its not saving. Is there something else that I need to do to get it to save.
I'm having the same issue. My trusted traveler number is not saving in my profile and when I go to book a flight, it does not appear all ready filled in. I also tried it with three different web browsers with no luck All my other airline profiles, the number saved without a hitch.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by ktremor
Make sure you only change the TT # on that page and nothing else at the same time. I tried to edit last 4 of SSN and add a TT # at the same time and the TT wouldn't take. When I did the TT # by itself after entering last 4 of SSN separately, it saved.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by paule123
Make sure you only change the TT # on that page and nothing else at the same time. I tried to edit last 4 of SSN and add a TT # at the same time and the TT wouldn't take. When I did the TT # by itself after entering last 4 of SSN separately, it saved.
I tried it by itself with no luck each time on the different browsers. I decided to call Southwest directly which they claimed they added my number manually and now it finally appears on my account
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:04 pm

TSA Website Updated Today

I have not read thru the entire thread, but, TSA updated the website today. I called SW RR as I am a CP holder for a couple of years and was given the run around.

The jist of the conversation:

First CSR answered had no idea- had similar call with another flyer, it sounded like she was able to apease/blow them off - Can I talk to your super..
We value you, but, we can't get you on the list for pre TSA. It's not SW, random. Chosen by TSA... That's fine--- Pay/give me the $85.00 so i can get it myself.... We can't do that.. You can't offer me a ($85) flight credit.... I am giving you an easy out. You always say you appreciate my biz.. Prove it!.. No- we can't. Serious........ I want to talk to the next level... No one is aval, can take your call... I am a super. You will get the same answer.. TO: Someone will call you back in 24/48 hrs.

Since I have already hit the CP for 2014- Bye bye SW for 2014....

TSA Website:

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/part...n-tsa-precheck
Airline Frequent Flyers

Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and Virgin America are contacting eligible frequent flyers with an invitation to voluntarily participate in TSA Pre✓™. Once the passenger opts-in, the airline identifies the individual as a TSA Pre✓™ participant when submitting passenger reservation information to TSA’s Secure Flight system.

Note: Passengers who participate via a frequent flyer program are only eligible on the airline in which they opted-in to participate. To participate on all TSA Pre✓™ participating airlines, travelers must have a Known Traveler Number.

If a participating airlines’ frequent flyer did not receive an invitation from the airline, interested passengers can still participate by joining a DHS Trusted Traveler program.

Thoughts?

Last edited by erosinc; Dec 4, 2013 at 10:18 pm
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
Originally Posted by erosinc

If a participating airlines’ frequent flyer did not receive an invitation from the airline, interested passengers can still participate by joining a DHS Trusted Traveler program.

Thoughts?
I'm in the same boat. I'm CP for '14, was A+Pref for '12 and '13... Still no invite from WN. Some anomalies: WN had only my M.I. in my profile when they would have been doing the initial data dumps back and forth to the TSA. I've since called and that's been corrected. WN says they transfer batch data back and forth a couple times a week, so it should only take a matter of days once I'm "approved" via TSA to get the invite. It's been a couple weeks now. Something's not right.

Compare and contrast... Similar on AA. No initial invite, although I was Plat at the time. I had full name, but didn't have my DOB and Gender specified in my profile. It would not let me save the opt-in preference. But, once I specified gender and DOB, the opt-in field could be selected, and saved. And, now TSA Pre- is showing on AA boarding passes.

Because of all this, and because it's fairly painless to do so, I'm signing up for Global Entry. I've heard on FT as well as other places that the highest probability of getting the 3-beep success is in the order of: highest probability goes to GE/Nexus/Sentri holders, next then to those who sign up directly with TSA for Pre-Check (the $85 process), and then lowest probability of reliably getting 3-beeps is the airline opt-ins.

The G.E. program takes a while to get, but I believe it will be worth it. Having a KT # will be invaluable once this gets up to full speed and becomes the new norm.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:58 pm

Seems like a waste of a CP if you're saying goodbye to WN.

Thoughts?
You didn't mention anything about being A+ (you only mention CP which is fairly easy to get), so if you're not A+, they aren't going to invite you.

Just get GE and be done with it. Then you aren't beholden to any airline for PreCheck access.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I have not read thru the entire thread, but, TSA updated the website today. I called SW RR as I am a CP holder for a couple of years and was given the run around.

The jist of the conversation:

First CSR answered had no idea- had similar call with another flyer, it sounded like she was able to apease/blow them off - Can I talk to your super..
We value you, but, we can't get you on the list for pre TSA. It's not SW, random. Chosen by TSA... That's fine--- Pay/give me the $85.00 so i can get it myself.... We can't do that.. You can't offer me a ($85) flight credit.... I am giving you an easy out. You always say you appreciate my biz.. Prove it!.. No- we can't. Serious........ I want to talk to the next level... No one is aval, can take your call... I am a super. You will get the same answer.. TO: Someone will call you back in 24/48 hrs.

Not even the CEO can fix your lack of opt-in. Switching to another wont improve your changes of getting pre-check either. Number of flights is not the sole criteria TSA is using to determine who will get the opt-in. From what I understand, airline opt-in is going away before the end of the year.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I am AA EXP, SWA A-list, and GE. I get PreCheck on AA 95%+ of the time. Even after entering in my KT#, I am 0 for 4 on SWA. very frustrating.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by envgeo
I am AA EXP, SWA A-list, and GE. I get PreCheck on AA 95%+ of the time. Even after entering in my KT#, I am 0 for 4 on SWA. very frustrating.
Entering the KT# when making the reservation or entering the KT# in your profile? If the latter, you should call WN to have them apply your KT# to your previously booked reservations.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I entered into my profile, but before I booked these flights
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by envgeo
Does your name match your GE card exactly? I had to update mine on WN to make it match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.