Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Old Nov 24, 13, 1:06 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by GVretiredguy View Post
Neither one of us have applied thru the TSA site. I called WN and the CSR did some checking and came back with "she was just selected".
The TSA has been randomly selecting folks for PreCheck even if they don't have a TT#. There have been reports of it in the DL and AS threads. I saw it last week in LA first hand.

Leaving from TUS it won't make much of a difference--she can keep her shoes on and you can't. That's about it.

Originally Posted by LegalTender View Post
The lead time on securing the Global Entry shortcut varies widely. I was rejected for a 1989 border violation when two Ikea wall clocks purchased in Vancouver weren't declared. They called me a "re-seller"and it has dogged me 24 years.
You could likely apply for the TSA program. I doubt they ask about border violations unless you're caught carrying large quantities of drugs across…
Old Nov 24, 13, 2:15 pm

Both my wife and I now have TSA Pre on our boarding pass for tomorrow's flight. Does this mean I should assume it will also be the case for future itineraries on WN or is the designation random? Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 13, 3:33 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by carraher View Post
Both my wife and I now have TSA Pre on our boarding pass for tomorrow's flight. Does this mean I should assume it will also be the case for future itineraries on WN or is the designation random? Thanks.
Did the two of you have an opt-in box or enter your TT#s?

If the answer is no to both of those questions, you randomly got picked.
Old Nov 24, 13, 5:56 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
Did the two of you have an opt-in box or enter your TT#s?

If the answer is no to both of those questions, you randomly got picked.
even if you opted in via WN, it is still random. I've gotten Pre-check for 5 out of 8 flights since last week. Nexus/known travelers are closer to or at 100%.
Old Nov 24, 13, 7:13 pm

Hi folks -

Quick question. Will the boarding pass explicitly say "Pre Check" on it? The reason I ask, I have a TT number via Nexus.

Its been working great for Precheck via AS and DL so far, even though it doesn't always consistently say PreCheck on the boarding pass. I've added my TT number to my WN account profile and I'm taking my first SWA flight tomorrow out of BUR. The BP doesn't have Pre Check on it anywhere...
Old Nov 24, 13, 8:29 pm

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by snicko View Post
Hi folks -

Quick question. Will the boarding pass explicitly say "Pre Check" on it? The reason I ask, I have a TT number via Nexus.

Its been working great for Precheck via AS and DL so far, even though it doesn't always consistently say PreCheck on the boarding pass. I've added my TT number to my WN account profile and I'm taking my first SWA flight tomorrow out of BUR. The BP doesn't have Pre Check on it anywhere...
Travelers who are eligible will be able to find the notification indicator “TSA PRE” in the upper left corner of the boarding pass, above their name. If you added your TT number to your profile after making the reservation, you would need to call customer service to remove/replace your Rapid Rewards number on the reservation. My guess is that this close to departure, you are out of luck.
Old Nov 24, 13, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kaller View Post
If you added your TT number to your profile after making the reservation, you would need to call customer service to remove/replace your Rapid Rewards number on the reservation.
that was awesome advice! I called cs and they had no idea how to do it, then i saw your post and it worked like a charm. ty!
Old Nov 24, 13, 10:13 pm

Travelers who are eligible will be able to find the notification indicator “TSA PRE” in the upper left corner of the boarding pass, above their name. If you added your TT number to your profile after making the reservation, you would need to call customer service to remove/replace your Rapid Rewards number on the reservation. My guess is that this close to departure, you are out of luck.
Thanks! I called cust service up, asked them to add / remove RR and voila. TSA PRE on the BP.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 25, 13, 8:40 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm doing this in batches, the last representative was very fast. He told me he just put the number into my reservation, so no removal of RR# and reentry. Will know next week if this worked.
Old Nov 25, 13, 9:56 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by snicko View Post
Thanks! I called cust service up, asked them to add / remove RR and voila. TSA PRE on the BP.

Thanks!!
Glad it worked! You said this was your first flight on Southwest…I hope they earn your future business. If I flew 90-100 times a year on the legacies, I'd would lose what little is left of my sanity.
Old Nov 25, 13, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Glad it worked! You said this was your first flight on Southwest…I hope they earn your future business. If I flew 90-100 times a year on the legacies, I'd would lose what little is left of my sanity.
Some of us feel the same about WN
Old Nov 25, 13, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
For people having issues with the TT number entry portion, try clearing your cache/cookies or using a different browser. For some reason Chrome did not want to work, but when I used Firefox (which automatically clears cache and cookies every time it quits based on my settings) it worked without issue.

Now to call to WN - very excited about this. Means I can finally ditch my CLEAR membership.
Old Nov 26, 13, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had some existing reservations. I added the number to my RR profile then asked a phone agent to either add the Trusted Traveller # manually or remove my RR# and add it back to the PNR.

Since I don't fly WN much nowadays, I was not sure if it would work at LAX on Sunday. The on-line check-in on the WN app has a green check mark but I think that did not mean PreCheck.

The check-in agent said they didn't have it LAX yet. However, the kiosk generated boarding pass did say PreCheck ^ I guess there is one fewer reason to not fly WN nowadays If only they can unEvolve and go back to RR 1.0
Old Nov 26, 13, 9:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
I still can't opt-in for Precheck

I'm CP, A+, and still have not been given the opt-in email, and it's not showing in my RR account as an option.

I'm also PLT on AA, and my opt-in showed up there, so it can't be a lack of me passing the TSA Secure Flight data check.

I've called the 214 customer relations number, and they explained that they get a data dump from the TSA a couple times a week, and they run the update to the RR database from that list. I noticed that on my RR profile, I only had my middle initial, and gender wasn't selected. I had customer service fix that a couple weeks ago. That could explain why I wasn't in the first pass, but that info has been up to date now, and should be able to be cleared now.

I don't have any upcoming tix on WN, but I don't want to miss out.

Any suggestions?

I know the obvious one is to drive myself to Indy and sign up in person there with the TSA directly...
Old Nov 26, 13, 8:18 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred and Companion Pass holder, AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Same here! CP, A+, nothing! I'm in a slow period at work now so I don't have any travel booked until 2014, wonder if that's part of the puzzle?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: