Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
...how about if you (hypothetically) might be known as a TSA antagonist at several airports?
Depends what you did and if its documented. Ive had many run ins with TSA but they are not documented anywhere.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...e-fly-nyt.html

The T.S.A. also maintains a PreCheck disqualification list, tracking people accused of violating security regulations, including disputes with checkpoint or airline staff members.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Smf this am....

Pre check. Start to finish. 10min >

Fly by lane. 5min <
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:14 am

Just to follow up on what everyone is saying
Did NOT receive an invite.
Added my trusted traveler number to profile (Global Entry)
Called last night for a flight tomorrow out of MCO and asked them to add and remove my rapid rewards numbers (the lady on the phone was like huh? but very nice about it)
Checked in a few minutes ago for the flight and got TSA PRE on my boarding pass
Now if only my earlybird check in was better than A41!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
PIT this morning: <1minute for of us. all boarding passes said Tsa-Pre and got the 3 beeps. First time I've ever been yelled at for taking my coat OFF!

RIC this afternoon: <1min. Only 1 of 3 boarding passes said Tsa-Pre. The others got 1 beep but we were still directed to the Pre checkpoint.

Based on other reports in this thread that the TSA has been randomly moving people into the Pre lanes this week, I'd bet they are doing internal training which necessitates more live subjects.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:17 pm

I am trying to apply for the Global Entry Program after having an expired Sentri Pass about 10 years ago. Back then everything was done in person rather than on the internet. Now I am only given the choice to answer yes or no as to whether I have ever applied before. Answering truthfully in the affirmative, I am asked for identifying credentials which weren't issued back then and I can't get past the screen. There doesn't appear to be a number to call to resolve the conflict. Any ideas how to proceed?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by carraher
Any ideas how to proceed?
I would answer 'no' and move on.

But that's me.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:42 pm

Or call one of the phone numbers listed here and ask.

http://www.globalentry.gov/enrollmentcenters.html
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
Or call one of the phone numbers listed here and ask.

http://www.globalentry.gov/enrollmentcenters.html
Thanks, I didn't see that.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:24 am

didn't receive an invite but

noticed this on my boarding pass
TSA PRE
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by bharv
TSA PRE
That's one of the newest way to get pre. You can refer to this thread:

TSA Checking Databases long before people fly: NYT
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:16 am

PreCheck at DAL yesterday was sweet. As good as my Delta Pre-Check experiences and a nice surprise. Thanks WN!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bharv
TSA PRE
Me too, at upper left just above my name. I am CP-holder, not A-list. Did not receive email. At LGA right now on B Concourse. I was handed a red laminated card explaining that I only had to remove laptop and liquids and put in separate bin. Coat, shoes stayed on.

My Companion has the Pre on his BP, but did not get such a card, perhaps because he is a minor.

Took a photo of card, which I will upload when I get to a computer.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by learned
PreCheck at DAL yesterday was sweet. As good as my Delta Pre-Check experiences and a nice surprise. Thanks WN!
Just traveled through DAL today. Pre check trough deposited me behind about 20 pax. I reversed course and went through flyby. TSA agent asked why I didn't use pre. When I explained the line, she looked at me incredulously and stated I entered the wrong queue. I did not cut under any ropes. I merely followed the long, circuitous path around the periphery of the other line barriers.

Did I miss something? I felt a little foolish but I swear I followed all the indicated pre check signs.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by tismfu

Did I miss something? I felt a little foolish but I swear I followed all the indicated pre check signs.
Do the FlyBy lane and PreCheck lanes deposit you at the same ID checker?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Me too, at upper left just above my name. I am CP-holder, not A-list. Did not receive email. At LGA right now on B Concourse. I was handed a red laminated card explaining that I only had to remove laptop and liquids and put in separate bin. Coat, shoes stayed on.

My Companion has the Pre on his BP, but did not get such a card, perhaps because he is a minor.

Took a photo of card, which I will upload when I get to a computer.
Finally about to leave this godawful airport after 3.5 hour delay. They must have had the heat up to 85. Every single time I fly from this hellhole, it's another cluster.

And WN, maybe you could install more than 8 electrical outlets for the use of the 500 sweaty people you have jammed in here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.