Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:14 pm

Just called in to 1-800-I-FLY-SWA and had my known traveler number added to my previously booked reservations. The agent said it was the first one that she's done. Quick and easy. Thanks Fran!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: recovering WN Preferred and SPG Plat
Has anyone gotten Pre-check without a known traveler number?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:51 am

Yesterday, they were still doing the testing of Pre-check at MDW. From what I could see, all elites were allowed to go into the area off to the right as you approach the checkpoint. There, TSA was giving out the Pre-check instructions. It was very nice.

Of course, I still haven't received an opt-in, so that may have been the last time doing it for me. Seems odd that they would think it is safe to test the system on people who might not be deemed safe enough to participate in Pre-check regularly.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:38 am

In another forum someone reported that the procedure involved a number of criteria and passes to select people so it could be that they pick the easy stuff first and then look for other criteria. It may take a while before everyone is selected.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:50 am

I have a bunch of WN flights booked through the holiday season and really want the fast lane as I'm traveling with my family. I just called SW to add our Trusted Traveler #s to our reservations. A little concerned that it may not apply to existing reservations--is info submitted to TSA for screening only at time of booking? The SW agent didn't seem to know.....

FROM SW's TSA Pre-check email:

"Note: Only reservations booked after opting-in are eligible for TSA PreCheck.

Trusted Traveler participants will need to provide their CBP-assigned PASS ID number in the "Known Traveler #" field during the booking process at southwest.com® and swabiz.com. The passenger’s Trusted Traveler information will be submitted along with reservation information to TSA’s Secure Flight system."
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hughvh
I received the opt in email and made the election. I've not done anything with the known traveler number.

I called the A list line and confirmed that it's in my profile. I was told that there is nothing that has to be changed for existing reservations if I haven't already checked in. My next flight is not till Wednesday, so we'll see.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:41 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by hughvh
I didn't get it yesterday. I'll probably just apply for Global Entry. That's a one-time application with no renewal, right?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by nsx
I didn't get it yesterday. I'll probably just apply for Global Entry. That's a one-time application with no renewal, right?
Renewal every 5 years.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nsx
My wife and I got it without a global entry, known traveler #, or passport. We opted in via southwest.com last Friday at 3am.

We're flying tomorrow AM from PIT and my boarding pass is designated TSA-PRE at the top!

I booked the flight months ago, however I did call Southwest to have them delete and re-add my RR# to every flight last night. This call was within the T-36 A+ window (the boarding position for this particular flight was already reserved).

EDIT: our 5yo child (A+ but who did NOT get an opt-in on their RR account) flying as a companion ALSO got TSA PRE.... Interesting!!

and of the 3 of us, ONLY our 5yo child got TSA-PRE on our 2nd flight tomorrow. flying out of RIC

Last edited by expert7700; Nov 15, 2013 at 11:31 am
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

I have GE, entered the number in the profile but never got any Opt-in LUV from WN

Will I ever see the benefit?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: None
just checked in for a flight tomorrow, no Pre Check. Do you need a US passport too? Mine is expired.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I have GE, entered the number in the profile but never got any Opt-in LUV from WN

Will I ever see the benefit?
Yes, on all* new reservations you will see the benefit. If you want the benefit on previously booked reservations, you need to call and have the number added to each reservation.

*subject to TSA random screening
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
just checked in for a flight tomorrow, no Pre Check. Do you need a US passport too? Mine is expired.
No passport required for domestic travel and no passport required (at least so far) for TT enrollment and/or Pre-Check.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:04 am

For those who did not receive an invitation to opt in, but are interested,
TSA provides complete information on program and enrollment process.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/how-participate
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by mke9499
For those who did not receive an invitation to opt in, but are interested,
TSA provides complete information on program and enrollment process.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/how-participate

So basically if you don't get an invite, you have to do either Global Entry, SENTRI, or NEXUS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.