Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by graupel22
A+ but no box yet, might be because my home airport is MDW and I don't think they are up and running yet?
i am A+ and Companion Pass. i fly out of Midway every week. And i got the bluebox! i signedup.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:09 pm

I entered my pre-check number into my southwest profile earlier today, and my boarding pass for my flights today and tomorrow didn't look any different. I tried calling customer service, and he first claimed they were waiting on IT and would roll out next year. Then he said he remembered seeing something today, and got back to me and said it would start on the 13th. Of course several of the airports I've been to the past week (MCO, MCI, TPA) said they were getting pre check either "next week" or "tomorrow".
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ksuwldkat
Of course several of the airports I've been to the past week (MCO, MCI, TPA) said they were getting pre check either "next week" or "tomorrow".
The not-TSA folks @ MCI reported this morning that they'll be live with Pre-Check the morning of November 13th.

They'll initially be configured for Pre at the checkpoint for gates 32/33/34/35 (to your right as you face the ticket counter, where AirTran normally operates). The signs were up this morning & they were using the walk-thru metal detectors only. Once you get thru the checkpoint, you can take a left & walk along the windows thru the newer passageway all the way down to far as gate 45 (as needed).

They were unclear as to whether the other checkpoint (gates 40-45) would be doing Pre-Check because of the Kettle bottleneck between the ID checkers & the screeners. I try to avoid that checkpoint anyway for the same reason.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
A+ and CP holder with home airport being MDW and got the invite box in my account as well.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:54 pm

At MCI
They'll initially be configured for Pre at the checkpoint for gates 32/33/34/35 (to your right as you face the ticket counter, where AirTran normally operates).
Will this checkpoint be available to all WN pax, or only those with Pre?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by rove312
At MCI
Will this checkpoint be available to all WN pax, or only those with Pre?
It's a regular checkpoint. They seem to close it in the evenings once the departure load can be handled out of gates 39-45 & they funnel everything thru the other checkpoint.

From the looks of the new layout today, they will run both a Pre-Check & a regular screening line thru this checkpoint starting next week. As we know, YMMV & "the plan" (ha!) is always subject to.... change
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ramalama8
This is correct. They scan your BP to determine your eligibility. This is the way they did it before the pre-check indication was printed on your BP.
And the way they (the TSA) still do it. The TSA scans the barcode on your BP, which contains your name, flight info, ticket info, etc. It also contains the Pre-Check clearance indication, from when the airline sent the PNR to the TSA a few days ahead of the flight. It also contains some cryptographic features to help verify that it hasn't been tampered with. (If the TSA agent sees that the barcode and printed info don't match, that's a problem.)

The printed Pre-Check indication is just a convenience for you. It's not for the TSA.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
How does TSA know I have GE if I neverbpassedbthat onto WN?

I filled in my GE number on UA website, so that is obvious
Right, the TSA knows if you told your airline and it got into the Secure Flight Data of the PNR at the time it was sent to the TSA.

Originally Posted by expert7700
Do any FTers who already have status through other airlines know:
Will we need to cancel and completely re-book my future reservations to have the Pre-Check designation print on boarding passes?
No need to cancel and rebook. All that needs to happen is that the Secure Flight Data of the itinerary get updated. Most airlines let you do this yourself on line.

Originally Posted by dw
Is this true? I thought the Secure Flight data was not sent to the TSA until shortly before departure, in which case I always assumed the Trusted Traveler number was submitted at the same time?
Right, the TT number is in the Secure Data section. The PNR is sent to the TSA a few days before the flight (or right after booking for last-minute bookings or changes).
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:51 am

TSA at JAX confirmed that SWA will be live with pre-check on the 13th.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:50 am

In other news Southwest has no plans to offer Pre-Check on flights booked on Airtran.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Logged into my account and had the blue box . Also entered GE number.
Next flight is ex:HOU on 11/19

If my southwest account only has my middle initial and the GE has my complete middle name, do I need to update it?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:39 am

Gary Kelly briefly addresses PreCheck in the November issue of iWN/FL inflight magazine, Spirit.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace/spirit_201311/#/16
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:58 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Bigez747
Logged into my account and had the blue box . Also entered GE number.
Next flight is ex:HOU on 11/19

If my southwest account only has my middle initial and the GE has my complete middle name, do I need to update it?
I'm not completely sure if it matters if your precheck qualification is via airline nomination, but if it's via global entry, the names have to match exactly, including any spaces.

Keep in mind that travel agent booked tickets can sometimes be problematic if they append your middle name to the end of your first name. FIRSTMIDDLE LAST won't match FIRST MIDDLE LAST.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
agent in PIT scanned my boarding pass and got the 1-beep failure--sentme to regular screening

my wife went thru the same lane and the agent accidentally sent her thru the precheck cleared metal detector lane

TSA agent doing my opt-out patdown in MSY today asked me if I had precheck since I travel so much. I said I was on southwest and they weren't starting till Wed. his supervisor nodded.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm A+ Companion Pass with WN and I signed into my account...and nothing. No blue box. I'm not a member of PreCheck or Secure Flight or GE Nexus.

Question: Will WN be picking up the tab for these memberships like many of the other airlines? And if I didn't get the "opt in" invite, how do I opt in?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:33 pm

A+/CP, no invite. Entered KT# into SW site.

Since ABQ just got pre- for other airlines (last two weeks?), I'm not holding my breath that they have this figured out when I fly later this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.