FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Refer Friends & Earn Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1437738-refer-friends-earn-points.html)

augustus21 Feb 12, 2013 7:34 am

Refer Friends & Earn Points

Just got this in my inbox this morning:

Do you know someone who would enjoy earning reward flights as much as you do? Invite them to join Rapid Rewards, and you can receive 500 bonus points if they sign up.

Once your friend has enrolled, you get 500 bonus points, and you're both on the way to earning reward flights! You can refer as many friends as you want, and we'll credit your account with up to 2,000 bonus points. (500 points per referral who enrolls, up to 2,000 points.)

Here's how it works:
Click on "Get Started" and enter your friends' names and e-mail addresses.
An e-mail will be sent on your behalf to your friend(s) with details about Rapid Rewards and a special enrollment link.
Your friend enrolls in Rapid Rewards through the special link on or before March 4, 2013, and includes your code, *********, in the "Promotion Code" field in the bottom section of the enrollment process page.
So refer your friends today, and start earning toward your next reward flight!

nineworldseries Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am

Hmmm.... I did not get this! Did anyone else get it? Is there a link online anywhere?

rove312 Feb 12, 2013 11:44 am

Yes, I got it at two addresses with the same code; I'll still presume the code is personalized.

soccerref750 Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 20233040)
Hmmm.... I did not get this! Did anyone else get it? Is there a link online anywhere?

I got it as well, but it is a personalized link to send emails that contain the code which is linked to your account. So it may be a targeted promotion.

augustus21 Feb 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by soccerref750 (Post 20233550)
I got it as well, but it is a personalized link to send emails that contain the code which is linked to your account. So it may be a targeted promotion.

Yep, I'm thinking it is targeted. The cap is 2,000 points (500 per invite) and the invitee must include the code in the email under the promotional section when signing up.

Good thing I have 4 brothers who do not fly, but understand my points addiction and will help me out ^!

rove312 Feb 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Could we recruit people whose points have expired due to inactivity? It might depend how closely SWA can verify if they're already members; maybe they should have a different e-mail address at least.

And do I read it right that we get the bonus without any need for the recruited member to fly or earn points?

soccerref750 Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by rove312 (Post 20234247)
Could we recruit people whose points have expired due to inactivity? It might depend how closely SWA can verify if they're already members; maybe they should have a different e-mail address at least.

And do I read it right that we get the bonus without any need for the recruited member to fly or earn points?

Definitely says you get the points when they "enroll". I'd be glad to provide a referral, though I seriously doubt anyone on this forum would need one... :D

djschex Feb 12, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm curious to know if the friend still earns the 250-750 point sign-up bonus on their end.

Wingrider Feb 12, 2013 6:55 pm

I also received the promo. Jeez I've become jaded though with BS/A+ (and) the stacking promos running at the moment. As I looked at the points offered for this emailing I thought- "OK I can nail 1k, is it even worth it to try and find the other 1k?" Same reason I keep my points with Hertz instead of the 400 points or whatever they would transfer.

How many points does one get if they're new to WN RR and without any promotions fly a $59 fare somewhere? I am embarrassed to say I have no idea the delta between the 2 levels of points.

smmrfld Feb 12, 2013 7:00 pm

WN ran a promo similar to this last year; might have been 250 points per referral, but there was a cap then also.

freetravelguys Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Got the same offer today

Creating 2 dummy accounts to try my luck referring myself. If all else is ok I'll set up two more.

antinseattle Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by rove312 (Post 20234247)

Takes some work, but go set up 4 hotmail accts for Mr I P Freely, etc, and sign them up yourself. They did this promo last year, I kept my friends out of it, had it all done in about 30 mins.....

No need for new acct to do anything, except put in your promo code. And BOOM. 2k points :D

tassojunior Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am

Evidently not traced by email addresses as I used some I had used a while ago on another WN promo. New #'s went through.

BunMama Mar 4, 2013 10:23 am

Do the bonus points count toward CP?

mromero07 Mar 4, 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by BunMama (Post 20357544)
Do the bonus points count toward CP?

According to T&C, no, but according to real life, yes. Just got my CP by doing a combination of 2 credit card sign up bonuses, regular spending, and transfers from e-Rewards. Everything counted.