Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Were there any free drinks mailed home for credit card holders this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Were there any free drinks mailed home for credit card holders this year?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Also received the Valentine's Day/drink ticket mailer today.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
Is there a certain criteria you must meet to be sent the coupons? My wife and I are both RR members and flew a good bit on WN last year.
RR credit card holder????
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:21 am

I've held the chase RR card for over 2 years and have never received the coupons. The preference is checked in my profile. Must be a threshold of revenue flights perhaps.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by alggag
Also received the Valentine's Day/drink ticket mailer today.
Hubby also got his yesterday.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Silver
I've held the chase RR card for over 2 years and have never received the coupons. The preference is checked in my profile. Must be a threshold of revenue flights perhaps.
If there is a threshold, it would be very small. I only flew SW twice last year, and they were both under $130 R/T. It does say send as I earn, so they base it on something. Possibly on how many points earned on CC spend? That is my best guess, since it is joint WN and Chase promo.

Last edited by tatterdema; Feb 17, 2013 at 9:03 am
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Is there a certain criteria you must meet to be sent the coupons? My wife and I are both RR members and flew a good bit on WN last year.
There is definitely not a threshold number of revenue flights for the valentine mailer. Drink coupons were mailed to 1 of 3 cardholders in our household; however, the recipient flew no revenue flights in the past couple years (a lot of award flights, though). The 1 of 3 recipients was the card with the highest spending on it by far though (although annual spend was only b/t $1k-$2k).
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
AirTran

Any word on whether WN drink tickets are or will be honored on FL flights?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Got a 4-pack yesterday.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Received the card yesterday, quite nicely done actually. ^ 2012 was my first year with any SWA relationship, opened the account for orphan hotel/car deposits and flew half a dozen free flights and a single paid flight last year. Got the Premier CC in October and have ~$1000 mix of paid/points flights booked for future travel.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Still hoping this comes in the mail for me sometime soon... or if not, that eBay floods with them so I can pick up a pack.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by grt2106
Still hoping this comes in the mail for me sometime soon... or if not, that eBay floods with them so I can pick up a pack.
I have a account with them but no credit card, i just pick them up from ebay at a value.. They work great.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:10 pm

I had the fancy mailer with 4 coupons waiting for me when I got home from the long weekend. Very nice. I suspect they spent more on the actual mailer than the drinks cost. Personally, a plain envelope with 8 coupons in it would have more customer goodwill benefit... but it was appreciated.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:49 pm

I received my Valentine's card with four drink coupons for 2013 today.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Got 2 WN RR Chase cards, probably charge well in excess of $100,000 on each and A List+ and don't recall getting them. What gives?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
Got 2 WN RR Chase cards, probably charge well in excess of $100,000 on each and A List+ and don't recall getting them. What gives?
Perhaps the issue with these fancy selective mailings is that Southwest pays about $1.00 to a marketing/design company, $2.00 to a printing company, and $1 in postage....

All to mail drink coupons for 4 free drinks that cost them no more than $1 each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.