Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:33 pm

What do you guys put in for revenue if you are just starting out your biz?? This will be a sole proprietership. Thanks for any advice!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by churn_dat_nation
What do you guys put in for revenue if you are just starting out your biz?? This will be a sole proprietership. Thanks for any advice!

There are threads discussing this, some say zero, some say $100 but I believe for my wife ( SW and INK Business) the minimum we could put was $1000
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:46 pm

Hey guys, so I applied for a Business and Personal card. Personal was instant approved and business card was declined because i used a business name that I can't verify on paperwork. I have already met the purchase requirement and got 50k points from the personal card.
What's my option here to get the other 60k? Can I wait and apply again for the business card or can I apply for a second personal card? Does the business card count toward the 5/24 Chase rule?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by macboss
Hey guys, so I applied for a Business and Personal card. Personal was instant approved and business card was declined because i used a business name that I can't verify on paperwork. I have already met the purchase requirement and got 50k points from the personal card.
What's my option here to get the other 60k? Can I wait and apply again for the business card or can I apply for a second personal card? Does the business card count toward the 5/24 Chase rule?

Thanks
If you already received the 50K points you messed up companion pass for 2019/20 as all those points will count for 2018

For the Business card use your name as the name of the business
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If you already received the 50K points you messed up companion pass for 2019/20 as all those points will count for 2018

FML what would happen if I get the other 60k next year?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:15 pm

Also, my gf has been approved and got another 60k points. Could we transfer to 1 account to get companion pass?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:26 pm

FML what would happen if I get the other 60k next year?
You would be 50K shy of CP as you need 110k CPQP in one year, 1/1/xxxx - 12/31/xxxx

Also, my gf has been approved and got another 60k points. Could we transfer to 1 account to get companion pass?
No
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Just a question. I still have my Companion Pass until the end of 2018. Got it through the Marriott Travel Package plus 110,000 RR Points transferred back in January 2016. So trying to renew it for two more years.

Yesterday I applied for the Chase Southwest Business Card and got approved. But my question is, does one need to wait 30 days to apply for the Personal Card, or are the Business and Personal cards at Chase not subject to 1/30 rule.

I also flew this weekend on Southwest and saw the Personal 50,000 after $2,000 spend when connected to Wifi inside the airplane. I will be flying again tomorrow, so it would be a good opportunity to apply for the personal in order to get the spend done in January for both cards.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:17 am

I applied for both cards, not on the same day, but certainly within 30 days. Probably about a week apart in November. Both approved (although neither was instant). Billings just cycled late last week, so now I need to get my spending in so all the points post middle-January and I get that two-year pass!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by shadow520
I applied for both cards, not on the same day, but certainly within 30 days. Probably about a week apart in November. Both approved (although neither was instant). Billings just cycled late last week, so now I need to get my spending in so all the points post middle-January and I get that two-year pass!
Excelent, good to know Business and Personal CC @ Chase are not subject to 1/30, and that the 1/30 rule is for Personal CC maybe.
I was not instantly approved for the Business either, but was approved in less than 24 hours without even calling. I think it helped I was 1/24 thanks to the American Express Rose Gold Charge Card (I could not pass on such an amazing Charge Card)
Amex Blue Business P was never hard pulled and, of course, it does not show in my Credit Report, so Chase can not see that one either. Still miss the good old days, when there was no 5/24, 1/30, Amex was starting with the one product per life bonus and Citi AA could be abused to the level of having 5 or 6 of those opened, icluding the Aadmirals club membership and CC fee reinbursed after cancelling
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Amex Blue Business P was never hard pulled and, of course, it does not show in my Credit Report, so Chase can not see that one either. Still miss the good old days, when there was no 5/24, 1/30, Amex was starting with the one product per life bonus and Citi AA could be abused to the level of having 5 or 6 of those opened, icluding the Aadmirals club membership and CC fee reinbursed after cancelling
The new Citi AA churn is still going and has been for years, we have millions of AA miles via credit cards and rarely fly AA We are saving them for a rainy day as Citi AA is the only card my wife can get as she is LOL/24 and I'm not getting cards with my sights on being 3/24 for Companion pass for 2020/21
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:35 pm

The new Citi AA churn is still going and has been for years, we have millions of AA miles via credit cards and rarely fly AA We are saving them for a rainy day as Citi AA is the only card my wife can get as she is LOL/24 and I'm not getting cards with my sights on being 3/24 for Companion pass for 2020/21
Agree. I stopped when I hit seven digits on my AA Balance. That was a little over two years ago. Now that I am 1/24 and SO is 1/24 (also with seven digits in AA Account), we are more into Companion or a good card to use at Kroger, like the insane Amex Rose Gold 4X MR @ Grocery Stores. Other than that, it is Amex BBP for the Simons a 2X. Just beautiful. Still, nothing beets the companion, specially now that Hawaii is coming.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Agree. I stopped when I hit seven digits on my AA Balance. That was a little over two years ago. Now that I am 1/24 and SO is 1/24 (also with seven digits in AA Account), we are more into Companion or a good card to use at Kroger, like the insane Amex Rose Gold 4X MR @ Grocery Stores. Other than that, it is Amex BBP for the Simons a 2X. Just beautiful. Still, nothing beets the companion, specially now that Hawaii is coming.

5 hours ( from the West Coast ) on a Sw flight to Hawaii or lay down seats on a AA dreamliner ? I can assure you what airline I will be flying to Hawaii. In fact that's part of the reason we still churn AA. You can also use AA miles for Hotel rooms, rental cars, etc

IMO unless there is no reason for you both to be under 5/24 as all you need is one companion pass unless you also fly kids ........with us one gets as many cards as possible while the other goes card free, we started this in early 2016 when 5/24 was announced and it works out great.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Southwest
I'm sure this info is in there somewhere, but thought i could get a quick, pertinent answer rather than weed through similar but not the same responses.

I'm 20 months into a RR Premier personal card. I would love to get new 60k or so signup bonus next year. I'd like to cancel current card before I get hit with my annual fee. I'm planning to:
1) cancel my card soon (might use some more to start banking 2019 points)
2) wait til 24 months elapsed since my prior sign up
3) sign up for a Priority personal card

Anyone think this won't work? I'm OK forgoing my anniversary bonus to ensure that I avoid the annual fee.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by funfax
I'm sure this info is in there somewhere, but thought i could get a quick, pertinent answer rather than weed through similar but not the same responses.

I'm 20 months into a RR Premier personal card. I would love to get new 60k or so signup bonus next year. I'd like to cancel current card before I get hit with my annual fee. I'm planning to:
1) cancel my card soon (might use some more to start banking 2019 points)
2) wait til 24 months elapsed since my prior sign up
3) sign up for a Priority personal card

Anyone think this won't work? I'm OK forgoing my anniversary bonus to ensure that I avoid the annual fee.
It should work however its 24 months since you got a bonus to be eligible for another bonus.

I wonder if I signed up in November of 2016 got a bonus in January 2017 can I cancel and signup again in December of 2018 provided I don't get the bonus until February of 2019 or must I wait to sign up until February of 2019?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.