Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by no2czs
If I meet the 110,000 point total by charging my SWA CC in January, then I'll be issued a Companion Pass. What happens if I need to return $3,000 worth of purchases 60 days later? They'll take away those points probably, but what about revoking the Companion Pass?
Thats why you buy stuff at Costco or Nordstrom where they allow your return to go to a debit card.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:12 pm

I just opened my junk mail and noticed I had a targeted offer from Chase for 50K bonus points after $2K spend on the Plus card. However, it states it expired on September 24th. Has anyone had any luck calling in and having them honor the offer after the expiration date?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:24 pm

Paranoid

Originally Posted by spamaaron
received a referral. Thanks guys.
Can anyone tell me the phone number for the referral. I want to see if it matches the referral I was given before I tell them my personal information. I do not need any other info from your referrals outside of the the number.

Thank you
FQ
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:33 pm

I am skeptical about calling a phone number and giving out my personal information. Can i trust those numbers?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:57 pm

Premier Approved, Business denied

Well, I applied for the business and premier on the same day and had the business card denied. They said I had too many Chase applications recently (these were the only two this year. I did cancel my United Chase card earlier this summer). The credit limit on the Premier is 33,000 which is significantly more than I need

I did this with the hope and intention of earning a companion pass. At this point, I feel like it could make sense to apply for the Plus card, earn another 40,000 and then work to get another $20,000 in spending asap. I am confident that can be done in the first 6 months of next year.

Then I would have the companion pass for a year and half.

Any reason not to try this?

Do I need to have my credit limit on the Premier reduced first?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by musicmcb
Well, I applied for the business and premier on the same day and had the business card denied. They said I had too many Chase applications recently (these were the only two this year. I did cancel my United Chase card earlier this summer). The credit limit on the Premier is 33,000 which is significantly more than I need

I did this with the hope and intention of earning a companion pass. At this point, I feel like it could make sense to apply for the Plus card, earn another 40,000 and then work to get another $20,000 in spending asap. I am confident that can be done in the first 6 months of next year.

Thanks
Not sure what your timeline is, but keep in mind you have to earn the 110,000 with one year. Any points you earned this year will not count in the "first 6 months of next year". They hold to the Dec 31 point tightly.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:41 am

Thanks
I would apply for the PLUS card over the phone and ask them to reassign some of your credit limit of the premier to the PLUS card. I applied for the PLUS that way and explained I needed a PLUS card in addition to the premier because Costco was eliminating their AMEX cards and now I needed a dedicated VISA card for Costco to replace my AMEX card (see if you can get a referral though for a 50,000 PLUS card).

Then just make sure you get all of your points in 2016 and you are good to go. You can always buy points at mychoice and transfer those rather than spending $20K. They have a 30% bonus right now, or you could wait till the spring and buy them when Amex runs their specials again.

6000 choice points=1800 SW points
If you need 10,000 SW points it would cost you around $300 (with the bonus offer)

BUY POINTS
Through November 24, 2015, buy Choice Privileges points and receive up to a 30% bonus. Purchase up to 50,000 Choice Privileges points in a calendar year. Choice Privileges points can be redeemed for your rewards like a night at thousands of Choice Hotels properties across the U.S.

BUY POINTS
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:01 am

Confused about 3 months from account opening

Hey everyone-

I was approved for the SW 50k offer with $2k spend on 8/12. My first billing cycle was less than 2 weeks (8/12-8/24).

So the deadline for the min. spend is 90 days (11/12) and not my total spend on just the first 3 statements, right?

I'm usually on top of my min. spends but miscalculated where I was at (I had included the $99 AF and didn't deduct some returns that I had during the time). I've made up for it though and have hit the $2k. But if it's the first 3 billing cycles I would've missed it!

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by bonsai500
I would apply for the PLUS card over the phone and ask them to reassign some of your credit limit of the premier to the PLUS card. I applied for the PLUS that way and explained I needed a PLUS card in addition to the premier because Costco was eliminating their AMEX cards and now I needed a dedicated VISA card for Costco to replace my AMEX card (see if you can get a referral though for a 50,000 PLUS card).

Then just make sure you get all of your points in 2016 and you are good to go. You can always buy points at mychoice and transfer those rather than spending $20K. They have a 30% bonus right now, or you could wait till the spring and buy them when Amex runs their specials again.

If you need 10,000 SW points it would cost you around $300 (with the bonus offer)

BUY POINTS
Through November 24, 2015, buy Choice Privileges points and receive up to a 30% bonus. Purchase up to 50,000 Choice Privileges points in a calendar year. Choice Privileges points can be redeemed for your rewards like a night at thousands of Choice Hotels properties across the U.S.

BUY POINTS
Thank you for the advice. Any idea how to get the 50,000 Plus referral.

I am pretty new to all of this so your help is much appreciated. The mychoice info I have not looked into before, so I will be checking that out as well.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by bonsai500

BUY POINTS

BUY POINTS
I didn't think the Choice Points option worked anymore. Read this on DOC
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Thank you for the advice. Any idea how to get the 50,000 Plus referral.
Check out the referral thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-requests.html
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
My AF's are due at the end of this month on both my Bus premier and personal premier cards. 6K point annual bonus for both cards has already posted to my RR account. My CP is valid through 12/16. If I cancel will they take back the 12K annual bonus points? I think the 12K points is roughly the value of the 2 AFs so not canceling would be a wash each year. Any valid arguments for keeping these cards open? I rarely pay to fly WN, other than the taxes & fees and ebci, I usually book with points so minimal usage of the cards...
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:56 am

Wrong Thread

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Nov 10, 2015 at 3:04 pm Reason: Someposted to wrong topic
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:51 am

Plus and Premier in the same day?

I was thinking about applying for Plus (over phone with referral) and Premier (online) on the same day? Is that a good idea?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:44 pm

It appears that the 50K bonus for the business card is still active on the SW website, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.